28 мар. 2020 г.

Pancakes

You're the Worst 5×13


Lindsay: I can't believe this day is finally here!.. I mean, think about all the men it took to get here... So, so many men.

Gretchen: I don't even pity you anymore. I just hate you now.

Jimmy: Well... I-I don't think that I want to marry you.

Gretchen: You mad?
Jimmy: Only murderously.

Jimmy: We should probably go in. Watch Paul and Lindsay make the same mistake twice.

Jimmy: I had to pretend to be someone who wants to take care of someone in sickness and health. False concepts like "forever," "eternity," "until death..." Who wants to lie in front of everyone they know that they're gonna love someone forever? How can you know that?!

Jimmy: You've been saying all along that we might change. Well, can you really promise that your feelings won't change 40 years from now? 20 years from now? Five years from now? This ceremony... is a fiction. It's a false guarantee that protects us from exactly nothing. It's novocaine. It's an opiate. It's a lie!

Gretchen: So, instead of making these giant, fake, impossible-to-live-up-to pledges, what the fuck are we gonna do? What do you want, Jimmy?
Jimmy: .... Pancakes.


Gretchen: So we're not getting married.
Jimmy: No.
Gretchen: But we're not breaking up.
Jimmy: No.
Gretchen: So what are we going to do?

Jimmy: Every day... we choose. I don't want to be with you because I made a promise to be with you. I want to be with you because I want to be with you. So every day... we wake up, we look at each other and say, "Today, again... I choose you." Until maybe one day we don't.

Jimmy: We don't declare anything. Except this... Gretchen, every day I will make the choice to love you. And love you I will. Wholeheartedly. That one day. Because I choose to.

Gretchen: Hey, you know that there's always a possibility that some day I might leave my phone and keys at home and step in front of a train. You know that, right?
Jimmy: Yeah. But I'll move on really quickly. Like, record-setting.
Gretchen: Okay.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий