12 мар. 2020 г.

Knives Out (2019)

Richard Drysdale: Everyone idolizes their dad, right?
Lieutenant Elliott: I don't know. Do they?
Richard Drysdale: ... Very much not. Don't know why I said that.

Harlan Thrombey: My mind's made up.

Lieutenant Elliott: I don't know why we keep goin' over this.
Benoit Blanc: Physical evidence can tell a clear story with a forked tongue.
Lieutenant Elliott: What?
Benoit Blanc: And as we can see from this mornin', everyone can lie. Well... almost everyone.

Benoit Blanc: Harlan's detectives, they dig. They riffle and root. Truffle pigs. I anticipate the terminus of Gravity's Rainbow.
Lieutenant Elliott: Gravity's Rainbow?
Trooper Wagner: It's a novel... I haven't read it though.
Benoit Blanc: Neither have I. Nobody has. But I like the title. It describes the path of a projectile determined by natural law. Et voila, my method. I observe the facts without biases of the head or heart. I determine the arc's path, stroll leisurely to its terminus and the truth falls at my feet.

Harlan Thrombey: You do as I say and everything will be just fine...

Marta Cabrera: I've never been to a will reading.
Benoit Blanc: Oh, well... You think it'd be like a game show, but think of a community theater production of a tax return.

Joni Thrombey: Look, this is not gonna be easy for you, but it'll be good. Nothing good is ever easy.
Ransom Drysdale: Up your ass, Joni!

Benoit Blanc: The game is afoot, eh, Watson?


Benoit Blanc: Good morning, Mrs. Thrombey... Why is grief the providence of youth?... I don't know. But I'd imagine that age deepens all feelings. Including grief... This was a long walk to offering condolences for the loss of your son.

Benoit Blanc: They're young, aren't they? One thing I assume of age is weariness. Damned if I don't get more tired every day. Tired of what I do. Following arcs like lobbed rocks, the inevitability of truth. But the complexity and the gray lie not in the truth but what you do with the truth once you have it... I think you have something you wanna tell me...

Benoit Blanc: I think you're very perceptive and very capable of telling me what you saw the night of your son's party..... But I'll happily wait. I'm in no rush.

Benoit Blanc: Strange case from the start. A case with a hole in the middle. A donut... I feel the noose tightening. The family is truly desperate. Desperate motives, the mystery of who hired me, the impossibility of the crime, and yet... A donut. One central piece and if it reveals itself, the fog would lift, the arc would resolve, the Slinky become unkinked...

Benoit Blanc: Now with the entire solution in my field of view, the arc of this case is a tragedy of errors...

Benoit Blanc: What were the overheard words by the Nazi child masturbating in the bathroom?..

Benoit Blanc: She did not know what you were doing. But she knew you were up to no good.

Benoit Blanc: In for a penny, in for a pound.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий