22 янв. 2023 г.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)


Claire Debella: Why can't she have her phone?
Lionel Toussaint: 'Cause she's mean.
Birdie Jay: No. Because she's afraid that I will tweet an ethnic slur.
Peg: Again. And you agreed no phone for the rest of the media cycle.
Birdie Jay: I didn't even know that that word referred to Jewish people. I thought it was a generic term for cheap.
Peg: "Jewy"?
Birdie Jay: Everything is so woke these days, it's out of control.

Duke Cody: So this has gotten some attention recently, so obviously I would like to speak to this, and the answer is no, Jimmy Kimmel, I do not hate boobs. Boobs give us many useful things. Boobs give us milk, cheese. Breasts nourish our young until the age where we can go out and hunt for them. Let's be honest. Boobs are fun.

Duke Cody: So when we're talking about the breast-ification of America... I mean, what that means is a breakdown in the natural order. Evolutionary truths that go back billions of years. So when you're asking a young man in America to slow down so a woman can catch up... For centuries, the Western workplace has been dominated by men 'cause... that's what nature made us to do.

Benoit Blanc: I think I might be going insane. My mind is a fueled-up racing car, and I got nowhere to drive it.

Benoit Blanc: I need danger, a hunt, a challenge. I need... a great case.

Benoit Blanc: Is that a motorcar?
Miles Bron: Oh, yeah. That's my Baby Blue. It's one-of-a-kind. Goes anywhere I go. All around the world.
Benoit Blanc: Why is it on the roof?
Miles Bron: 'Cause there's nowhere to drive it on the island.

Miles Bron: It's so good. I am mortified... I've got the predefinite detective in the world at my murder mystery party. That is so legit.

Benoit Blanc: Mr. Bron, I've learned through bitter experience that an anonymous invitation is not to be trifled with.

Miles Bron: If you want to shake things up, you start with something small. You break a norm, or an idea, or a convention, some little business model. But you go with things that people are kind of tired of anyway. Everybody gets excited because you're busting up something that everyone wanted broken in the first place. That's the infraction point. That's the place where you have to look within yourself and ask, "Am I the kind of person who will keep going?" Will you break more things? Break bigger things? Are you willing to break the thing that nobody wants you to break? Because at that point, people are not gonna be on your side. They're gonna call you crazy. They're gonna say you're a bully. They're gonna tell you to stop. Even your partner will say, "You need to stop." Because as it turns out, nobody wants you to break the system itself. But that is what true disruption is. And that is what unites all of us. We all got to that line and crossed it.

Claire Debella: Why would you hang a framed print of the Mona Lisa front and center? It's like having a Che poster in your dorm room.

Miles Bron: Any questions?
Benoit Blanc: Uh, wait... What do we win?
Miles Bron: I... What do you mean? What do you... What do you want?
Benoit Blanc: No. No, nothing, I just... I just thought maybe there was a prize or something. I... An iPad or like...

Benoit Blanc: Oh! Have we started already, is it...
Miles Bron: Well, the murder hasn't happened. But...
Benoit Blanc: Oh, yeah.
Miles Bron: Yeah, why not? As Watson said to Holmes...

Miles Bron: Andi... Andi used to tell me the truth. Nobody does that now. It's all just fake smiles and agendas and people wanting what they think they're owed. Hating you when you don't give it to them because that's what you're there for.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ «...louder, sillier, and sunnier than Knives Out»
Σ «...one of the best Netflix movies ever»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий