10 янв. 2023 г.

Legalese and a Whole Hoo-Ha

Young Sheldon 6×8


Mary: What's this about the university owning 90% and Sheldon only owning ten?
President Hagemeyer: Oh, that's just standard boilerplate.
Sheldon: Did you know that boilerplate originally referred to the roll of steel used as a template to create steam boilers, but then was adapted to the legal profession to describe the way companies use fine print to get around the law?
President Hagemeyer: Ugh, that fact is just so fun. It's a party.

Dr. Linkletter: Son... and I call you son because I think of you as family. Is this the way you would treat your own family?
Sheldon: Not my mom. Everyone else is on their own.

Pastor Jeff: I'm just so glad it's in the hands of a good Christian woman.
Connie: Where you headed here, padre?
Pastor Jeff: Well, some of my flock have concerns about the movies y'all rent. You know, the ones with the sexual content and whatnot.
Connie: If they don't want to see whatnot, then they shouldn't rent whatnot.
Pastor Jeff: I hear you. God gave us free will. But you're renting temptation. And you know who tempts us? The devil.

Connie: Oh, that'll be fine.
Georgie: For you. If we get arrested, y'all go to lady jail. I have to go to scary jail. I'm too pretty for scary jail.
Mandy: No more prison movies for you.

Georgie: All I'm saying is we need to remember where the real money's coming from. If we want it to keep coming, you got to back off.
Connie: Okay, fine. I'll behave.

President Hagemeyer: ...And to make it worth your while, how about we put your name on one of these buildings? How would you feel about "Sheldon Cooper Science Center"?
Sheldon: I'm sorry. Did you say, "Sheldon Cooper Science Center," or "Sheldon Cooper's Science Center"?
President Hagemeyer: Well, which do you like?
Sheldon: I prefer the possessive. It makes it much more mine.
President Hagemeyer: Then "Sheldon Cooper's Science Center" it is. So, do we have a deal?

Connie: I've just come with a little peace offering. My last copy of Basic Instinct... So there you go. No more naked ladies, no more Michael Douglas' bare butt giving me impure thoughts. The town is safe again.

Sheldon: I just want to build the database. Why can't this just be about the science? W-why are you making it all about the money? This was supposed to be exciting, and you're ruining it.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий