8 янв. 2023 г.

Blonde (2022)

Norma Jeane: I'll be any way you want me to be.

Norma Jeane: I... I know I could be Nell. I think I am Nell. She's a sleepwalker. She doesn't see him. She sees her dead fiancé. She's trapped in delusion. But where does dreaming end and madness begin? Anyway, isn't all love based on delusion?

Assistant to Director: That was, uh... pretty bad, wasn't it? Like, um, watching a mental patient, maybe. Not acting. No technique. People like that, you can see why they're drawn to acting. Because the actor in her role always knows who she is. What do you think, boss?
Casting Director: Sweet Jesus. Look at the ass on that little girl.

I.E. Shinn: I don't want you seen in public with them, Norma Jeane.
Norma Jeane: And in private?
I.E. Shinn: In private... take precautions.

Norma Jeane: Oh, Mr. Shinn, that's so cruel. It's crude and cruel. And you... you know it.
I.E. Shinn: I'm just thinking of your career and your well-being.
Norma Jeane: You're thinking of Marilyn.
I.E. Shinn: Yes.
Norma Jeane: Her career.
I.E. Shinn: Yes. And her well-being.
Norma Jeane: She doesn't have any well-being. She's only a career.

Cass Chaplin: People think it's a blessing being Charlie Chaplin's son. Like it's a fairy tale, and I'm the king's son. But we're cursed, Eddy and me. We're juniors... of men who never wanted us.
Norma Jeane: But at least you two have fathers. At least you know who you are.
Cass Chaplin: Oh, we knew who we were before we were born. You never knew your father. So you're free. You can invent yourself.

I.E. Shinn: Zanuck has bought Gentlemen Prefer Blondes for you. He wants it as a showcase for you.
Norma Jeane: How much would I get?
I.E. Shinn: Your contract salary... Five hundred a week.
Norma Jeane: How much would Jane Russell get?
I.E. Shinn: The deal is pending. And Russell has to be lent by another studio.
Norma Jeane: Yes, but how much?
I.E. Shinn: The figures aren't finalized.
Norma Jeane: How much?
I.E. Shinn: They're asking... $100,000.
Norma Jeane: $100,000? I'll get about $5,000, and Jane Russell gets $100,000? And I'm playing the blonde in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? That's an insult!

I.E. Shinn: Marilyn, wait!
Norma Jeane: Fuck Marilyn. She's not here.

Norma Jeane: I just wanna begin again from zero. I wanna live in... I wanna live in another world. Away from Hollywood. I wanna live in... Chekhov! I wanna move to New York. And study acting. Serious acting. In the movies, they chop you all to bits. Cut, cut, cut. It's a jigsaw puzzle. But you're not the one to put the pieces together... Oh, but to live in a part. To just be in it till the closing curtain every night. But mostly, I... I wanna settle down. Like any girl. And have a family. Oh, I love children so. I'm crazy about babies.

Yvet: Be sure to go alone to your hotel suite tonight. Someone special will be waiting for you there.

Ex-Athlete's Momma: So, Marilyn, what's it like being a movie star?
Norma Jeane: Um... I'm not a star. I'm just some blonde.
Ex-Athlete's Niece: So the hair's real?
Norma Jeane: No, no.

Norma Jeane: Daddy, it's so scary how a scene with actual people just goes on and on. Like on a bus. What's to stop it? Or... Or how to figure out what people mean when probably they don't mean anything. Not like a script. There's no point. It just happens.

Norma Jeane: You feel the breeze from the subway? Isn't it delicious? Sort of cools the ankles, doesn't it?

The Writer: I... I suppose I should call you Marilyn, shouldn't I? Or is that just a stage name?
Norma Jeane: You could call me Norma. That's my true name.
The Writer: I could call you Norma, if you prefer. Or, uh, I could call you, uh... my Magda.
Norma Jeane: I'd like that.
The Writer: My secret Magda...

Journalist: Could you tell us what kind of a wedding you're going to have?
Norma Jeane: Very quiet, I hope.

Daphne: What's the matter with you anyway?
Norma Jeane: I'm not very bright, I guess.
Daphne: I wouldn't say that. Careless, maybe.
Norma Jeane: No, just dumb. If I had any... If I had any brains, I wouldn't be on this crummy train with this crummy girl's band.
Daphne: Brains aren't everything. You know, it's just a network of veins, arteries... holding us together. And if they burst, they start bleeding.
Billy Wilder: And cut!
Norma Jeane: Fuck! Fuck you! And fuck this movie!

Norma Jeane: ... Just once. Why not? Any scene can be played. Whether well or badly, it can be played. And it won't last more than a few minutes.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий