31 янв. 2023 г.

Dear Offred

The Handmaid's Tale 5×4


Serena Joy Waterford: I'm not an American citizen. My allegiance is to God.
Mark Tuello: Then, Mrs. Waterford, you are officially released from the custody of the American government.

Mark Tuello: Good luck. With your... future endeavors.
Serena Joy Waterford: I don't need luck. I have God on my side.
Mark Tuello: Hmm. Then, may He guide your steps. Please, though, step carefully. You aren't in Gilead. This is a free country, Mrs. Waterford.

June Osborn: I warned you about her. You won't listen... God, you're such a fucking disappointment.

Lucas Bankole: June, don't worry. All right? We're gonna stop this.
June Osborn: I'm not worried...

Serena Joy Waterford: Gilead is the only country on the planet that has had an increase in live births, and I believe that I am uniquely positioned to remind the local ambassadors of that fact. Perhaps with an afternoon tea...
Commander Lawrence: Venezuela has expressed interest in some of our more successful female education programs. An informal conversation might be useful... Over tea.
Serena Joy Waterford: Yes. A lovely idea.

June Osborn: It's gonna happen here.
Lucas Bankole: No, it is not.
June Osborn: She is gonna bring it here. I swear to fucking God, she is gonna bring it here. The only way to stop her, and to stop them is to put them all in the fucking ground!

Serena Joy Waterford: ... And we can send a lovely gift basket to Germany...

Lucas Bankole: I also came here to tell you that my wife... is gonna kill you. And I'm gonna let her.

Aunt Lydia: Commander Lawrence, I have come to believe that the Handmaid system must be reformed... A new protocol.

Commander Lawrence: I'm all ears.
Aunt Lydia: Handmaids... would remain under my care. Commanders and Wives would visit each month, when it's time to perform the Ceremony.

Commander Lawrence: What are you smoking? No Commander's gonna buy into that. They're not interested in some quick... in and out to make a baby. They want those girls in their homes. Accessible. Any time. So they can... sniff the air after they walk by, or do whatever the hell they want. Get their rocks off... These are pious men. They need a little kink. You know that.
Aunt Lydia: Do I?
Commander Lawrence: Don't you?

Ezra Shaw: Ma'am, we found a secure location.
Serena Joy Waterford: Where is it?
Ezra Shaw: For those who are truly righteous, He sometimes sends a refuge.

Aunt Lydia: I want to do things differently. I want to address any problem... early. With more... compassion. We can shepherd these girls together. And keep them on God's path.

Aunt Lydia: God may test us, body and soul. But He always... rewards the most righteous.

June Osborn: I didn't do it this time. But I am not going to promise that I won't do it next time.
Lucas Bankole: I can't promise I won't either.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий