20 янв. 2023 г.

Star Trek: Generations (1994)


Journalist: This is the first Starship Enterprise in 30 years without James T. Kirk in command. How do you feel about that, sir?

Kirk: Scotty, it absolutely amazes me.
Scotty: And what would that be, sir?
Kirk: Sulu, when did he find time for a family?
Scotty: Well, like you always say, if something's important, you make the time.

Scotty: Finding retirement a little lonely, are we?
Kirk: You know, I'm glad you're an engineer. With tact like that, you'd make a lousy psychiatrist.

Data: Doctor, I must confess, I am uncertain as to why someone falling into freezing water is amusing.
Dr. Crusher: It's all in good fun, Data.
Data: Fun?
Dr. Crusher: Fun.
Data: I do not understand.
You've got to get into the spirit of things. Learn to be spontaneous, live in the moment.
Dr. Crusher: Do something unexpected. Get it?
Data: Got it.

Picard: Just imagine what it was like. No engines, no computers, just the wind and the sea and the stars to guide you... Bad food, brutal discipline. No women. ... The best thing about life at sea, Will, was that no one could reach you. This was freedom, Will.

Dr. Soran: They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives. I know you understand...

Data: It appears to be magnetically sealed. I believe I can reverse the polarity by attenuating my axial servo... Open sesame! You could say I have a magnetic personality. Humor, I love it!

Guinan: If you go, you're not gonna care about anything. Not this ship, not Soran, not me. Nothing. All you'll want is to stay in the Nexus, and you're not gonna want to come back.

Dr. Soran: Have you ever considered a prosthesis that would make you look a little more... How can I say? More normal?
La Forge: What's normal?
Dr. Soran: What's normal? Well, that's a good question. Normal is what everyone else is and you are not.

Picard: Sometimes it takes courage to try, Data, and courage can be an emotion, too.

Dr. Soran: You know, there was a time when I wouldn't hurt a fly. Then the Borg came, and they showed me that if there is one constant in this whole universe, it's death. Afterwards, I began to realize it didn't really matter. We're all gonna die sometime. It's just a question of how and when.

Dr. Soran: It's like a predator. It's stalking you. You can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies, but in the end, time is going to hunt you down and make the kill. It's our mortality that defines us, Soran. It's part of the truth of our existence.

Dr. Soran: Now you'll have to excuse me, Captain. I have an appointment with eternity, and I don't want to be late.

Picard: Kirk. James T. Kirk...

Kirk: You say history considers me dead. Who am I to argue with history?

Picard: You're a Starfleet officer! You have a duty.
Kirk: I don't need to be lectured by you. I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides which, I think the galaxy owes me one.

Kirk: Oh, yeah. I was like you once, so worried about duty and obligation I couldn't see past my own uniform. And what did it get me? An empty house. Not this time.

Kirk: Captain of the Enterprise?
Picard: That's right.
Kirk: Close to retirement?
Picard: I'm not planning on it.
Kirk: Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the Bridge of that ship, because while you're there you can make a difference.

Data: At first, I was unprepared for the unpredictable nature of emotions. However, having experienced 261 distinct emotional states, I believe I have learned to control my feelings. They will no longer control me.

Picard: Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.


+++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий