3 мар. 2020 г.

Doctor Sleep (2019)


Dick Hallorann: My grandma taught me, and I taught you. And some day, Danny Torrance, you'll teach someone else.
Danny Torrance: I won't.
Dick Hallorann: Oh, you won't, huh?
Danny Torrance: I won't shine, I mean. No more. It's dangerous.

Dick Hallorann: Some things, dark things, the shining's like food. They're mosquitoes landing for blood.

Dick Hallorann: You gotta hear this. World's a hungry place. And the darkest things are the hungriest, and they'll eat what shines. Swarm it like mosquitoes or leeches. Can't do nothing about that. What you can do... is turn what they come for against 'em.

Dick Hallorann: No, no, Doc. You can put things from the Overlook away in boxes, but not memories. Never those. They're the real ghosts. You take them with you.

Rose The Hat: That's what I'm offering you. Springtime forever. Ten years from now, you're still 15. A hundred, maybe 17. Eat well, stay young, live long.

Billy Freeman: Running away from yourself. That is a pickle. You take yourself with you wherever you go.
Dan Torrance: Ain't that the bitch?

Dr. John: Do dying people bother you?
Dan Torrance: No. We're all dying. The world is one big hospice with fresh air.

Snakebite Andi: Am I still human?
Rose The Hat: Do you care?

Elderly Patient: You're a strange type of doctor.
Dan Torrance: I told you, I'm not a doctor.
Elderly Patient: Oh, I think you are. Doctor Sleep.


Charlie: I'm not scared of hell, Doc. I lived a decent life. I don't think there is such a place anyway. I guess I'm scared... there's nothing. There was nothing before. So, what if there's nothing after?

Rose The Hat: I said she's huge steam, right?
Crow Daddy: Mm-hmm.
Rose The Hat: Yeah, it's even bigger than that.

Dan Torrance: Let's use our outside voices, all right?

Abra Stone: How many of us are out there?
Dan Torrance: There's a lot of people who have a little bit of shine, they don't even know it. They always seem to come home with flowers when their wives are sad, or they do well on the school test they didn't study for. But I only met two or three people in my whole life who knew they shined...

Dan Torrance: Why are you here?
Dick Hallorann: I'm here because it all comes 'round. Ka's a wheel, Doc.

Billy Freeman: I gotta tell you, Danno, I don't know whether I hope you're right or wrong about this. I mean, if you're wrong, my friend is crazy. I mean, full-blown, mental breakdown, imaginary-monsters-killing-imaginary-kids bonkers. But, you know, I... I can work with that. If you're right, though...
Dan Torrance: I know. It's much worse.

Dan Torrance: Man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, and then the drink takes a man. Ain't it so, Dad?
The Bartender: .... Medicine. Medicine is what it is. Bona fide cure-all. Depression, stress, remorse, failure, wipes it all away. The mind is a blackboard. And this is the eraser.

The Bartender: A man tries. He provides. But he's surrounded by mouths that eat, and scream, and cry, and nag. So, he asks for one thing, just one thing for him. To warm him up... to take the sting out of those days of the mouths, eating, and eating, and eating everything he makes, everything he has. And a family. A wife, a kid. Those mouths eat time. They eat your days on Earth. They just gobble them up. It's enough to make a man sick. And this... is the medicine.

Abra Stone: This place is sick. Sick like my momo was sick. It's cancer, only worse.

Rose The Hat: You know, you remind me of myself. I can really see it now. You've got a darkness in you, dear. I think the only difference between you and me is time.

Rose The Hat: You don't know yet... what you'd do... for more time. But I promise you, dear, oh, you'd be surprised.

Rose The Hat: Sweetie, I'm not the last. Far from it. I'm just the prettiest.

Rose The Hat: You taste like whiskey.

Dan Torrance: They're not special. They're starving!

Twins: Hello, Danny. Come and play with us... forever... and ever... and ever.

Dan Torrance: Shine on, Abra Stone. You shine on.

Abra Stone: We go on after. We go on.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий