21 мар. 2020 г.

We Were Having Such a Nice Day

You're the Worst 5×12


Gretchen: Holy shit! All of it?
Jimmy: And with 24 hours to go.

Gretchen: You have given me a gift no one has before... Acceptance. Unconditional acceptance.

Gretchen: Before you put on your pants, where's your favorite place to go?
Lindsay: Nowhere.
Gretchen: That's where we're going.

Edgar: This first stop represents a dream from your past. Something you used to talk about but never got to do... Sochi 2014. You wouldn't stop talking about curling. Jimmy: No sport more misunderstood. No players more understandably hair-trigger defensive than those of curling.

Gretchen: Mommy, I'm marrying Jimmy, not Boone.

Mrs. Cutler: I know you're marrying Jimmy. I'm not a complete idiot.
Gretchen: Oh. Then why are you here?
Mrs. Cutler: Our daughter is getting married. We've had front row seats to all your mistakes, so why stop now?

Edgar: Okay, for our second stop, Jimmy, .... it's your past again, but this one is bad. It's all the anger and stress and anxiety you've held onto, and it is time to let it out... It's a smash room!

Jimmy: Dial-ins! Sheila! Studio system! Signature cocktails! Vendors! Caterers! Depression! AAAAA!!!

Becca: I'm not ruining his baby. I can't help it if the baby craves unpasteurized cheese.
Paul: And sushi?
Becca: I didn't eat sushi. It was sashimi. Rice goes straight to my hips.
Vernon: Chillax, dorkus. It's good to challenge babies' immune systems. That's how you make an X-Men.

Paul: Please. Just tell me how much.
Becca: Paul, you can't put a price on a mother's love.
Vernon: But if you want to put a price on a mother's love, - low mid-to-mid six figs all in.


Vernon: Babies are the real trip. All kinds of new experiences. The nonstop screaming, clipping them tiny fingie nails, not being able to run out right quick to see the new Minions movie 'cause some little dummy might roll over onto her face and die.

Mrs. Cutler: Everyone's fine. Life is good, Gretchen. I don't know why you have to make it so difficult for yourself.
Gretchen: I don't make it difficult. It is difficult. To be honest, it feels like...
Mrs. Cutler: No one wants to hear these things. If you insist on sharing them, you'll just push everyone away.

Edgar: Last stop on the train..... That's the point of this day. You still think of yourself as lowly, poor, undeserving on the outside, but, Jimmy... you belong now.

Becca: Carve out sauvignon blanc in the third trimester, and you can do whatever you want with my placenta.

Mrs. Cutler: You know, I see young people, daughters of my friends struggling with the question of having children, and I just want to tell them, "Don't. It's not worth it..." I'm serious. What pleasure is it?

Mrs. Cutler: You don't like me. Your brother's a child. You wanted real. Whatever you think of me, it's my job to want more for you than you want for yourself. But if you need someone who doesn't push you and embraces your flaws, I'm glad you found Jimmy.

Jimmy: You know, it is both infuriating and humbling how thoughtful of a friend you are. You've seen me at my worst, and yet... you've always seen my worth.

Edgar: You love each other, but that's not the same thing as being good for each other.

Edgar: You'll destroy each other.
Jimmy: There is no way I'd rather go.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий