22 мар. 2020 г.

To the Bone (2017)

Ellen: There's no point in blaming everybody. Live with it.

Penny: You know that I love you like a full sister, but you look like absolute crap. And every time I ask you why you do this, I always get some stupid non-answer from you.

Ellen: I've got it under control. Nothing bad's gonna happen.
Penny: How many people do you think are down there? Like, two million? I bet a bunch of them who are about to die just said the exact same thing.

Dr. Beckham: If I'm going to help you, you have to agree to a few things... No talk about food. I'm not interested. It's boring and not very helpful.

Ellen: Bet you didn't expect this much "gynergy" today.
Dr. Beckham: I do think this is a record number of mothers for one patient.

Ellen: I'm sorry... that I'm not a person anymore. I'm a problem. And it's all my fault.
Dr. Beckham: Fuck fault! Fault and blame have no place here. Only how you wanna live, moving forward. Who you wanna be.

Penny: If you die... I will kill you.

Ellen: I... I can't.
Luke: You can. Chew, swallow. The world will not implode, I swear.

Megan: Tell me it's not the Holocaust Museum. My mother took me there to make me feel shitty, you know, about starving... It's okay. We're Jewish.

Lobo: Damn, Dr. Beck. Are you trying to turn me straight?
Dr. Beckham: That's a different program.

Megan: I don't like this. I'm definitely getting a Holocaust vibe, doc.

Dr. Beckham: Somebody tell me why we're here!
Luke: .... Because we're alive.


Eli: I know what you're trying to do. Life's beautiful and all that... shit.
Dr. Beckham: And that upsets you because...?
Eli: Because it is. I mean, I... I know it can be, but I... I can't stop. And I don't even know why. I just... I just can't.

Eli: People say they love you... but what they mean is, they love how loving you makes them feel about themselves. Or... Or they love what they can take from you.

Dr. Beckham: Listen. Bad things are going to happen. That's not negotiable. What is, is how you deal with it.

Dr. Beckham: There is no point. Or at least, big picture, we don't get to know what it is. Why we live, ... why that girl killed herself.
Eli: You're not reassuring me, doctor.
Dr. Beckham: I can't reassure you. This idea you have that there's a way to be safe... it's childish and cowardly. It stops you from experiencing anything, including anything good.
Eli: You don't think I feel bad enough already? I know I'm messed up... but you're supposed to teach me how not to be.
Dr. Beckham: You know how. Stop waiting for life to be easy. Stop hoping for somebody to save you. You don't need another person lying to you. Things don't all add up. But you're resilient. Face some hard facts and you could have an incredible life.
Eli: That's your pearl of wisdom? Grow a pair?
Dr. Beckham: That's a more concise way of putting it. Yeah.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий