14 мар. 2020 г.

Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (2016)

Micha Eshel: George Bernard Shaw once said, "Some people see the way things are and ask, 'Why?' I see how things should be and ask, 'Why not?"'

Jacques: Change is good... The fashion world relies on change.
Micha Eshel: And the Middle East relies on... How do you say stagnatzia?
Norman Oppenheimer: Stagnation.
Micha Eshel: Stagnation, yeah. Once you're in power, you don't want anything to change.

Norman Oppenheimer: There are two kinds of moguls. First kind is like a big ocean liner ship. Makes a lot of waves, a lot of noise, everybody sees it coming from miles away... And then, there [is other... Who ] is more like a nuclear submarine. He's quiet. He's fast. He's young. Extremely sophisticated.

Micha Eshel: There is one rule every Israeli politician learns in the beginning of his career. You cannot wear a suit that costs more than an ordinary man's car.

Micha Eshel: How do you say galgal anak in English? You know, the big wheel in the amusement park, like in London...
Norman Oppenheimer: A Ferris wheel? It's a Ferris wheel.
Micha Eshel: Ferris. Ferris, yes. Ferris wheel. Sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down. I just wanted to say that to you, Norman. I've tasted it on my tongue. Being on top of everything. Once you taste it, you can't settle for anything less. Do you understand what I am saying?

Norman Oppenheimer: Okay. So what do you need?
Alexandra Green: What do I need?
Norman Oppenheimer: Yeah. I'm offering my services. What do you need? I'll help you get it.

Micha Eshel: You know what I've found out in the last couple of weeks since I was elected?... For the first time, I don't have political worries. Somehow, God put me in this job. It's not that I didn't work very hard to get here, I did, but hundreds of other potential leaders worked and campaigned just as hard as I did, and for some reason, I'm the one sitting in this chair today. The top spot. I've reached the top of the ladder. Why me and not someone else? Who knows? Believe me, I'm as surprised as anyone else. But this is the interesting thing, instead of feeling the burden of that great responsibility, I'm feeling... How do you say goral?.. Fate. I feel fate. If God put me here, he must have had a good reason.


Micha Eshel: There is no such thing as a singular message. And anyone who tells you he's got a singular message is probably teaching at a university or writing a blog... I'll tell you what my singular message is. I'm going to end this conflict! How? I'm going to say "yes" to compromise. To everybody! Because the opposite of compromise is not idealism. The opposite of compromise is not integrity. The opposite of compromise is fanaticism and death. Life is compromise. I not only believe in that, that is who I am. That is why I'm here, in this position. If it works, I will go down in history as the leader who ended this epic conflict. If I'm wrong, and my compromise leads to another catastrophic bloody war... I will blame God for giving me a role I was clearly incapable of performing.

Phillip Cohen: It's serious. Bribery is tricky, especially in Israel. We have the Mid-eastern mentality of giving baksheesh and cutting corners and a legal system run by tight-assed German yekkes. If they can prove he accepted a gift, he's done. He could end up in jail.

Norman Oppenheimer: I can't go into details, but let's just say that this unnamed businessman... He's a nobody. He's a parasite. He's trying to extort money from the Prime Minister. He is the lowest of the low, this guy. He made up a story, you know. The whole thing is just a made-up thing. You know? It's... It's... Eshel doesn't even know the man.

Srul Katz: How can I help you? Let me help you. What do you need? Tell me what you need.
Norman Oppenheimer: What do I need?
Srul Katz: Yes, please. Could you give me the honor of helping you? You're a choshuve' man. Please, a very important guy.

Srul Katz: Norman, are you going to do me a favor? You're gonna call me if you need anything at all. You don't understand, it's going to be my pleasure to help you.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий