19 мар. 2020 г.

Judy (2019)

Louis B. Mayer: I make movies, Judy, but it's your job to give those people dreams.

Louis B. Mayer: In every one of those towns, believe me, there's a girl who's prettier than you. Maybe their nose is a little thinner at the bridge. They have better teeth than you. Or they're taller or they're slimmer. Only, you have something none of those pretty girls can ever have. You know what that is?... You have that voice. It'll maybe take you to Oz, someplace none of those pretty girls can ever go.

Louis B. Mayer: The thing is, those other girls will grow up to be cashiers and farmers' wives and elementary school teachers. And they'll see their skins roughed up through housework. Is that what you want, Judy? To be just a housewife? To be just a mother? Out there, you'd have to put away that voice of yours. Forget it exists. But here, with us... with your family... that voice will make you a million dollars before you're 20.

Louis B. Mayer: Those average kids, they're all loved, in their way. I can see how you may be drawn to it, from time to time... Their small lives, not too dangerous, not too exciting. They're where they belong. And maybe you feel like you're like them. But really, you're not. You live in another world entirely. They just look like you. But if you truly wanna go join them, it's your decision. We'll shake hands and you can walk through our gates. I guarantee it's all there, the rest of America, just waiting to swallow you up and forget all about you. Like a raindrop falling into the Pacific. Who cares? Who even notices?

Mickey Deans: It's fun. People drink more 'cause they wanna be part of the next new thing, you know.
Judy Garland: I don't know.
Mickey Deans: You have to have ambitions, right?
Judy Garland: Well, I used to have them. I found they gave me the most terrible headache.

Judy Garland: Are you a nurse or what?
Vivian: Yeah, if you like.

Judy Garland: You know, the first time I sang on a stage, I was all of two years old. They say my papa had to come and drag me off after I started singing the same song for the fifth time.


Mickey Deans: So let's go shopping, baby.
Judy Garland: Hmm?
Mickey Deans: Get you dolled up.
Judy Garland: I don't know...
Mickey Deans: Oh, come on. A woman's gotta wear something. Or not, right?

Judy Garland: If I'm this terrible mother they like to write about, well, you tell me how I end up with such incredible kids.
But I wasn't suggesting...
Judy Garland: Well, no, everybody suggests things, like, like I'm not a real person, but I am, you understand? I'm only Judy Garland for an hour a night. The rest of the time, I'm part of a family. I just want what everybody wants. I seem to have a harder time getting it.

Young Judy: I had a swim.
Louis B. Mayer: How was the water?
Young Judy: Cold.

Young Judy: I did 18 hours yesterday! I mean, I couldn't hardly remember my own name.
Louis B. Mayer: Your name is Frances Gumm. You're a fat-ankled, snag-toothed rube from Grand Rapids. Your father was a faggot and your mother only cares about what I think of you. Now do you remember who you are, Judy?

Dr. Hargreaves: Look, do you take anything for depression?
Judy Garland: Four husbands. Didn't work.

Mickey Deans: Sweetheart, I already said I love you nine times today.
Judy Garland: Well, maybe I need 10 or 12 once an hour, like a cuckoo clock. Cuckoo! I love you!

Judy Garland: What is that you do, anyway, Mickey?... You're just like all the other ones. You sit on the sidelines and you watch the show, and you think that's making things happen. You think that's working. What have you ever done that would make anybody wanna listen to you?

Judy Garland: Oh, no, no. Maybe one of you should do it. Every time I cut a cake, I find I've married some jerk.

Bernard Delfont: What on earth is she doing?
I don't think she can help it.

Judy Garland: This next one, it isn't a song about getting anywhere. It's about walking toward somewhere that you've dreamed of. And maybe... Maybe the walk... is every day of your life... And the walking has to be enough. It's about hope. And we all need that.

Judy Garland: I love you all. You won't forget me, will you? Promise you won't.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий