24 мар. 2020 г.

Chalk One Up

Homeland 8×4


Tasneem Qureshi: They've reached an agreement, haven't they... the Americans? Without input from you or me, but they expect us to stand here and applaud the result.

Tasneem Qureshi: My prime minister got a call last night from the president of the United States, no less, threatening economic and travel sanctions if Pakistan doesn't get on board.
Abdul Qadir G'ulom: On board with what, exactly?

Carrie: I don't know what to say.
President Warner: You don't have to say anything. I'm just glad you're here to witness this thing that you helped set in motion, this ending of a war, the longest in our history. Kind of amazing.

President Warner: Before I left Washington, I had a phone call, a long phone call with Taliban leader Haissam Haqqani, and we spoke about how we can bring peace to this beautiful country. We have our differences still, but we agreed on two fundamental things: no terrorist group will ever find refuge in this country again, and the people of Afghanistan will be free to live the lives they all wanna live... man, woman, and child.

VP Ben Hayes: Jesus, I'm weeping all over my shoes. Look at him, grandpa in a flak jacket. It's all about winning a second term, isn't it?
David Wellington: It's about ending the war.

Abdul Qadir G'ulom: Our allies the Americans have treated us with their usual courtesy...

Abdul Qadir G'ulom: I thought you controlled Haqqani...
Tasneem Qureshi: I thought you controlled Kabul.

Saul: Holy fuck. Two presidents...

Samira Noori: What's that mean, "RTB"?
Carrie: Return to base immediately.
Samira Noori: Because of me?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий