4 мар. 2020 г.

The One About the Yiddish Vampire

The Outsider 1x6


Ralph Anderson: I'm not presuming anything. It's what I believe.

Holly Gibney: Well, I can tell you one thing... I'm afraid nobody's going to believe me.

Ralph Anderson: Not a moment too soon.

Holly Gibney: A human being cannot exist in two realities at the same time.

Holly Gibney: The... There... There are times when looking at a series of seemingly impossible, yet, uh, distinctly connected events... When the facts before you are so filled with uncanny coincidences... that perhaps the first step to seeing things clearly is not to find a way to dismiss those facts, but to, um, expand your sense of what reality might entail.

Yunis Sablo: All she's asking for is that we keep an open mind.
Ralph Anderson: You know what, you... you... you keep your mind open, I'm just gonna look for facts, evidence. You know, dumb cop shit like that.

Alec Pelley: I'm not saying that I believe her... I'm just saying I'm not ready to say I don't.

Howard: Did you ever hear the one about the Yiddish vampire?.. Vampire, he flies in through the window of a church, his fangs are out, priest immediately goes for a crucifix. Shoves it in his face, "Back, you fiend." Vampire laughs, says, "Ni gunisht helfen, bubbalah." "It ain't gonna help you, baby." He says it in Yiddish.
Alec Pelley: Okay.

Ralph Anderson: So, um, El... El Cuco, right?
Holly Gibney: More like some hybrid entity. Like I said, it's been known by a number of names. But I guess "El Cuco" is close enough.



Ralph Anderson: I've known a few people like you...
Holly Gibney: I've known plenty of people like you.

Ralph Anderson: You've got your own reality. No justifications, no excuses. If people can't make it out to where you are... Holly Gibney: You just have to send them a postcard, right?

Holly Gibney: If I believe something to be true, then I have to deliver that truth no matter what.

Holly Gibney: They found a number of unknown substances and they've never considered the fact that what they're looking at isn't human, it isn't animal, it isn't mineral, or vegetable, it isn't even of this world...

Holly Gibney: If what you saw, Jeannie, was an image, and he wasn't actually physically present, then... How much does a radio wave weigh? How much does a hologram weigh?

Glory: You know... In a marriage, you can be so close to someone that you start to feel like you're the same person... But we all keep things from each other.

Ralph Anderson: Glory, let me tell you something that I've learned to be true. Whenever I find myself unable to uncover a reasonable explanation for a so-called inexplicable criminal act, it only means... I haven't uncovered it yet... But then I do. Because there's always one out there. Always.

Ralph Anderson: It's one thing to respect the unexplainable... but it's another to pretend that you know the specific thing, give it a name and a resume.
Holly Gibney: Isn't that what we've been doing with God? With all the gods throughout human history?
Ralph Anderson: And wasn't it Napoleon who said that all religious wars are basically just people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий