12 мар. 2020 г.

The Grim Grotto: Part Two

A Series of Unfortunate Events 3×4


Lemony Snicket: If you are considering a career in villainy, you will need several things... A villainous laugh... A villainous way to get around, ... and most important of all, a villainous disregard for the lives of other people.

Lemony Snicket: ...it is a poisonous fungus that waxes and wanes, a phrase which here means it disappears and reappears.

Violet Baudelaire: We have to find an antidote!
Count Olaf: Yes, well, I anti-don't-care. Tee-hee, ticklish!

Violet Baudelaire: Phil! You're alive!
Phil: Oh, better than alive. Just think, yesterday I had one job on a submarine. Today, I have two! I'm a rower and a swabber!

Hook-Handed Man: I think that suffering is like a family dinner. It should be shared.

Lemony Snicket: The expression "the tables have turned" ... refers to a situation that has suddenly been reversed so that those who are in a powerless position suddenly find themselves in a powerful one, and vice versa.

Klaus Baudelaire: This is a volatile situation.
Lemony Snicket: As the Baudelaires knew, the word "volatile" means "unstable" or "likely to cause trouble." And it can apply to people as well as to poisonous mushrooms. You probably have a person or two in your life who is like that. Perhaps even a sibling... When this person pops up, trouble may wax. And when they vanish... trouble may wane. But not always.


Fernald: You still don't get it. There is no wrong side of the schism.
Klaus Baudelaire: Of course there is! One side puts out fires, and the other side starts them.
Fernald: You should have seen the fire...

Fernald: Sure, I ended up doing more murder, arson, and assorted violence than I would have preferred, but people aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped up and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict!

Fiona Widdershins: People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef salads. When you think of me, think of a food you love very much.

Fernald: I'll give you the location of the Last Safe Place.
Count Olaf: The who, what, when, why?

Count Olaf: I am happier than a pig eating pork. I am tickled pinker than a sunburned Caucasian. I am so happy-go-lucky that happy and lucky people are going to beat me senseless with a stake out of total unbridled jealousy.

Mr. Poe: I'd given up all hope of finding you, and I decided to visit this beach to indulge in some sadness and rock skipping instead of searching for you, which frankly has given me nothing but tsuris. "Tsuris" means trouble.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий