17 мар. 2020 г.

The Ottoman Lieutenant (2017)

Lillie: I thought I was going to change the world. But, of course, it was the world that changed me...

Lillie: It's like being inside God's thoughts...

Ismail: Actually, Miss Rowe, it's I who should be thanking you. This is a great opportunity to put aside my military career and help you drag your boxes and your ridiculous truck to the edge of nowhere.

Woodruff: I don't know your approach... to medicine, Miss Rowe. Possibly you overflow with the nobility of relieving human suffering. You know my approach?... It's a game. A bloody game. In which we pit our puny brains and skills against the forces of destruction and disease and lose. We are drowning in death. I don't expect you to understand... But you will.

Ismail: I'm a Muslim and you're a Christian. We share so little.
Lillie: Were Adam and Eve Muslim? Or were they Christian?
Ismail: They were neither.
Lillie: But they shared the same God.

Lillie: How do you say "kiss" in Turkish?
Ismail: ... Buse.
Lillie: Buse, then.

Colonel Khalil: You Americans and Europeans, whether you come here to help or to fight or to make a profit, you'll never be anything but insignificant. We don't pretend to be anything else. When your countries were still swamp and forests, culture had already lit up our lands for thousands of years. And when you're nothing but history, collapsed into darkness like Rome, like Greece, we'll still be here.

Ismail: Please, just be with me.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий