23 сент. 2017 г.

Wakefield

Howard: In the suburbs, we live in nature. It’s a quote from my realtor, the selling phrase she used when Diana and I first looked at this place. Crap. And you do see deer, rabbits, crows... but we don’t live in nature. That’s the point of the suburbs. You live apart from humans, and you’re protected from what’s wild.

Howard: I realize this is a common enough complaint. But there are times when I feel I’ve spent my life just waiting for my wife to get ready to leave the house.

Howard: I ask you, what is so sacrosanct about a marriage and a family that you should have to live in it, day after day, however unrealized that life may be? Who hasn’t had the impulse to just put their life on hold for a moment? I ask you.

Howard: You see, this is how they get you. They maneuver things to that point where you feel like everything in your life is suddenly precious... and simultaneously totally precarious. It just slams you. The realization that everything with any meaning, anything you love, could just be taken away in some random event. Anything could happen. Right? Anything.



Howard: Am I intentionally frustrating her? Not at all, my love. I’m sure you have vivid memories of what you’re missing. I know I do. I just want you to want me as much as I want you.

Howard: Is it just me, or is it oddly relaxing when the wife goes out of town?

Howard: You see... I never left my family. I left myself. I stepped into the wild. Into that primal arena a beach vacation in Cape Cod only pretends to supply. But in the primal world, there’s one law... We are food to one another. Or we are not. That’s it, end of story.

Howard: The quality of mercy is not strained. «It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath.» Your whole life you hear that quoted. I never got it till now. Mercy is not something you ever get to request. Not strained means not forced. It’s given... freely. No reason. Just... a gift drops from the sky. Twice blessed. «Blessing Him that gives and Him that takes.» If I remember correctly.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий