25 сент. 2017 г.

Miscellaneous

Halt and Catch Fire 4×3


Cameron: There’s no loving Joe. He’s impossible to love. He’s empty and... he just becomes whatever circumstance needs him to be.

Joe: Why are we talking about Cameron?
Gordon: Because I know you two!
And it’s like... it’s like... it’s like you’re a train and she’s a train, and you think, «Oh, we’re both trains. We should get along great»! But then both the trains are on the same track, and they’re both headed right for each other, and guess what... both the trains are carrying dynamite! Look, I’ve seen this a thousand times. I know how it ends.

Donna: I was hoping you could talk a bit about the relationship between a creator, such as yourself, and the business side of gaming. You seemed to indicate earlier that there was some difficulty for you there, and I was wondering if you felt you had any culpability in that.
Cameron: Well, it’s inherently a fraught relationship, right?
Donna: Huh. How so?
Cameron: Well, in that we have the ability to create something out of nothing, and that can be threatening to people on the business side because... they can’t.
Donna: Well, in my experience.... someone on the business side could help shepherd a project that’s meandering or... headed off a cliff. Could be an ally, no? Seems like that relationship should be symbiotic.
Cameron: I would say it’s parasitic. There’s little regard for the well being of the host because a parasite can always scuttle away, on to the next warm body.

Donna: You keep giving me bad news with a smile on your face. Do you know that you’re doing that?

Donna: And what do you have to show for it? Let’s search «president...» No Clinton. Well... What I see are generic president results. My guess is that somewhere buried among them are results about the current leader of the free world, which is what I assume people are looking for when they type in «president.»

Donna: I guess I was just trying to make sure that someone had my back. You know this office is a boys’ club.
Diane: It is a boys’ club, and I made managing partner without anyone holding my hand. Does he have an advantage? Of course he does. But that has nothing to do with you. Your success here is based on results, and I don’t think you kicking the crap out of your team is the way to get ’em.


Joe: I want to spruce up the interface... not too slick, but it should be, like, clean and efficient...

Donna: Guys, we don’t have to talk about work. This is fun. You’re not on the clock.
Bosworth: Well, if we’re not gonna talk about work, what we gonna talk about?

Donna: ...I think I’ve got this guy completely fooled, and then one day, he leans over to me very casually, and he says, «Before you know it, they’ll be grown. You kiss that baby every chance you get.» Well, he was right.

Bosworth: Here’s to baby-smooching, then.

Cameron: Sorry, I just needed someplace to play...
Gordon: You playing Doom?
Cameron: Yeah. Yeah, I guess this is where everything’s going. You just... kill everything.
Gordon: It’s pretty awesome, right?

Cameron: You’ve played?
Gordon: Yeah. Pretty good at it, too. Deathmatch?

Gordon: You do know the object of the game is to not die, right?

Gordon: Do you want to work on Comet with Joe?... Then there are conditions. One, you don’t let him or anyone else push you around. If you have an idea, you say so. If you don’t like an idea, you say so, okay? Number two, this is fun, okay? And the second that it stops being fun, you say so, and we both walk away.

Joe: What are you doing?
Cameron: I’m unpacking.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий