7 сент. 2017 г.

September

Howard: Boy, what some people will do for love. Or the lack of it.

Diane: You were such a promising young girl, so bright, and you had my looks. Well, you had better bone structure than I did, but you lacked my height. And you had your father’s intelligence. You gotta do something about all that. I mean, you’re young, you’re lovely. Of course, you dress like a Polish refugee...

Diane: Oh, my God. Look at me... It’s hell, gettin’ older. Especially when you feel 21 inside. All the strengths that sustain you all through your life just... vanish one by one. And you study your face in the mirror and you... You notice something is missing. And then you realize it’s your future.

Diane: Lloyd! The Richmonds are flooded, the electricity’s gone off. God is testing us and I, for one, am gonna be ready. Where’s the vodka?


Peter: What branch of physics are you involved with?
Lloyd: Something much more terrifying than blowing up the planet.
Peter: Really? Is there anything more terrifying than the destruction of the world?
Lloyd: Yeah. The knowledge that it doesn’t matter one way or the other. That it’s all random. Originating aimlessly out of nothing and... eventually vanishing for ever. I’m not talking about the world. I’m talking about the universe. All space, all time, just... a temporary convulsion. And I get paid to prove it.
Peter: You feel sure of that, when you look out on a clear night like tonight and see all those millions of stars? That none of it matters?
Lloyd: I think it’s just as beautiful as you do. And vaguely evocative of some deep truth that always just keeps slipping away. But then my professional perspective overcomes me, a less wishful, more penetrating view of it, and I understand it for what it truly is. Haphazard, morally neutral and unimaginably violent.

Stephanie: You really wanna die? No.
Lane: No. That’s my problem. I... I always wanted to live.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий