17 сент. 2017 г.

Alice

Dr. Yang: See the wheel spin.
Alice: I’m sure you know, Doctor—
Dr. Yang: Concentrate.
Alice: ...there are two categories of people, you know? I... You know, not everyone can be hypnotized. I fall into the, erm...
Dr. Yang: Now, tell me what you see.
Alice: Penguins.

Dr. Yang: Penguins? What about penguins?
Alice: They mate for life.
Dr. Yang: Yes? You think penguins are Catholic?

Dr. Yang: Best way to get to know strange man is to observe.

Dr. Yang: Mrs Tait believes in ghosts.
Alice: I don’t know. I guess. What do I know?
Dr. Yang: Don’t all Catholics? Ghosts! Catholics believe in ghosts. In times of great stress, sometimes ghost appears.

Nancy: Let me stop you. We want blood-and-guts stuff, not so subtle.
Alice: Oh, well. I have another about a young girl who wanted to be a nun—
Nancy: No nuns. They want sexy, unscrupulous, rich, melodramatic, but no nuns.

Alice: Here’s the story: a woman who’s never done a dishonest thing in her life finds herself falling into a love affair with a musician.
Nancy: It’s a little vague, Alice.
Alice: Well... Really? You think?
Nancy: Look, be honest. What do you know about that kind of woman?
Alice: Well, I...
Nancy: Who’s the woman? Who’s the man? Who’s the poor husband? Where does it go? What makes it interesting? Is it lurid? Is it sexual? Perverse? Is she a whore?... What’s the matter? You look pale.


Dr. Yang: Creative energy all comes from nerve in back of neck. Mrs Tait has trouble writing, because nerve is pinched. Now, circulation very, very low. Must drink lots of Dr Yang’s special herbal tea. Creative spirit will come.

Joe: Jeez! Nothing shocks New York cab drivers.

Dorothy: There’s a difference between being trusting and wearing blinders.

Dr. Yang: Dr Yang must always continue education. Good for my patients and keeps Dr Yang young.

Dr. Yang: Love. Love is most complex emotion. Human beings unpredictable. No logic to emotions. Where there is no logic, there is no rational thought. Where there is no rational thought, there can be much romance, but much suffering.

Alice: A while ago, I had a routine life, with feelings I understood. A husband, a home.
Dr. Yang: Mrs Tait had illusion of happiness. Upon closer observation, not very honest husband, not very honest with self.
Alice: I’m frightened.
Dr. Yang: Freedom is frightening feeling.

Dr. Yang: Herb is potent. Choice is yours. Use wisely.
Alice: Choice?
Dr. Yang: I think Mrs Tait has better idea of who she is, than before she came to Dr Yang. Who her friends are, or are not. Who is husband, lover, sister, mother. What are her needs, her limits, her gifts. What are her innermost feelings. May not know all answers, but has better idea. No?
Alice: Yes. Yes, it’s true.
Dr. Yang: Now must decide which road her life will take.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий