15 сент. 2017 г.

Signal to Noise

Halt and Catch Fire 4×2


Joe: I had to tell you my Hawaiian name... It’s just Joe, but with an I instead of a J.
Cameron: Eye-oh-ee?
Joe: I actually think that’s it’s «Yo.» Right?
Cameron: Right. I’m not calling you «Yo.»
Joe: That is such a Kamelonu thing to say.

Shed: We’re not talking Chernobyl-style meltdown yet, but we’re in Three Mile Island territory for suresies.

Bosworth: ...And what we thought was, why not take their idea and scale it up? Make something a guy like me can buy off the rack?
Donna: Uh, doesn’t Garmin already do that?
Bosworth: Mm, yeah, but them and Magellan got a stranglehold on the market, and, Donna, they charge up the wazoo. We’re talking about disrupting the price point, bringing the costs way down.

Joe: What do you believe?
Cameron: Um, well... I saw this shrine in Japan. And, uh, the locals tear it down, right to the foundation, every 20 years. And then they build it right back up again, back to its original state. And they’ve been doing this for 1,300 years. Nothing in it’s original anymore, but it still looks identical to the day it went up.
Joe: That’s beautiful.
Cameron: Well, no. I mean, I don’t think these people are doing it for some spiritual reason. I think they’re doing it because they’re holding onto the process of it, you know? The doing of it, that that’s all that matters. That’s what I think. I don’t know. I’ve been trying to find some solace in that lately.
Joe: How’s that working out for you?


Donna: Rover has enough runway to rework their core technology and index the entire web, make it searchable. It’s low-risk, high-reward.

Bosworth: It wasn’t all about the money... You don’t know what it’s like being retired. Hell, you just turned forty. You got a dozen more tricks up your sleeve no matter what. I’m sixty-five...

Joe: I know... I know it’s hard to swallow this right now, but you are so good at what you do.
Cameron: Joe...
Joe: No, really. Don’t let that asshole take that away from you. He’s a parasite. You create. You make something out of nothing, and I have always been in awe of that. And not to ruin the moment... but I really, really got to piss.
Cameron: Oh, my God, me too.

Cameron: You missed the moon.
Joe: Oh, well.

Joe: So, do you know what you want?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий