25 нояб. 2013 г.

On the Line

Elementary 2×9

& Watson: Lucas Bundsch measured his breathing throughout the polygraph questioning.
    Sherlock: Also, his mandibular action, at several points, was consistent with someone who is biting their tongue.
    Watson: ... A pain sensation like that elevates your heart rate just a tick.
    Sherlock: He bit his tongue during the control questions to set the baseline, then repeated it later twice.

& Watson: It’s the Uggs; they’re bothering me.
    Sherlock: It was 2007, those glorified slippers were a veritable pox on your streets.

& Lucas: I like your place.
    Sherlock: Walls are a bit thin. They’d never hold back our blood-curdling screams, but we call it home.

& Gregson: What’s your next move?
    Sherlock: Forwards.


& Gregson: We’ve got a mission here. It’s to protect this city and the citizens that live in it. You are all part of that effort every day. Most of you do yourselves and this department proud. And for that, I want to thank you. But if anybody has a problem with how I utilize all the tools at my disposal, be it Holmes and Watson or the coffee machine... there’s the door. Back to work.

& Sherlock: I am not a nice man. It’s important that you understand that. It’s going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It’s who I am. Right to the bottom. I’m neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I’m not gonna change.
    Watson: You have. You’re not the same person I met a year and a half ago. You’re...
    Sherlock: Good to you? Yeah. For the most part. I consider you to be... exceptional. So I make an exceptional effort to accommodate you. But you must accept that, for as long as you choose to be in my life, there will occasionally be fallout from my behavior. That must be a part of our understanding.
    Watson: No one can accept something like that forever.
    Sherlock: To thine own self, Watson.

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий