3 мар. 2012 г.

Rome 2x9

Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus
(No God Can Stop a Hungry Man)

& Mark Antony: Well, if that doesn’t make the little shit declare war, I don’t know what will.
    Cleopatra: He’s a cautious beast. Perhaps you should simply cut the cord and declare war yourself.
    Mark Antony: Declare war... on Octavian? On my most trusted and beloved colleague? On Rome? On my own people? No, no, no. No, that wouldn’t do. When I return home, it will be as a savior, not as a conqueror.

& Pullo: So far it’s just the old and the sick that are dying. But by next moon, our granaries will be empty.
    Maecenas: I understand that dogs make good eating...
    Pullo: They do. Taste like pork if you cook ’em right. All gone.

& Octavian: Pullo... Tell me what the people are saying. Tell me who they blame for this famine.
    Pullo: ... You, they say. You’re the man in charge.
    Octavian: Not Antony?
    Pullo: They hear the newsreaders saying that he’s holding back the shipments and all that, but... well, it’s Antony, innit? Why would he starve them? They’ve always loved him and he’s always loved to be loved. Whereas you... Well, you’re you, aren’t you?
    Octavian: Cold and heartless?
    Pullo: I’ll not say that. But you’ve never been the affectionate type now, have you?


& Agrippa: If he wants a war, why not give it to him?
    Octavian: You heard Pullo. You might as well declare war on wine and song.

& Atia: I? Go to Egypt?.. You are joking?
    Octavian: I cannot remember the last time I made a joke.
    Livia Drusilla: Last market day. You said something about fishes which made me laugh quite distinctly.
    Octavian: I was speaking figuratively.

& Atia: How will you pay us for our trouble?
    Octavian: What do you want?
    Atia: Pompeii’s become vulgar. I’d like a villa in Capri.

& Cleopatra: Let’s kill them, then.
    Mark Antony: What? What did you say?
    Cleopatra: Atia will not be humiliated... because Atia will be dead. Octavian will know that you’re not a man to be outmaneuvered. It’s perfect.

& Atia: Gods, what a ghastly* place.
    Octavia: Big, though.

& Lucius: Sir, your wife instructed me to tell you something... She instructed me to tell you that you are cowardly scum.
    Mark Antony: She did, did she? And... and what’s your opinion of that?
    Lucius: It’s not my place to have an opinion, sir.
    Mark Antony: Nah. Tell me anyway.
    Lucius: Is that an order?
    Mark Antony: Yes. That’s an order.
    Lucius: You’re no coward. But you do have a strong disease in your soul. A disease that will eat away at you... until you die.

-- Dict:
ghastly — ужасный; страшный

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий