17 мар. 2012 г.

Homeland 1x11

The Vest

& Carrie: A green pen is what I want!
    Nurse: And blue is what is available.
    Carrie: Okay, green is important! Green is necessary. It doesn’t make sense if it isn’t green, and it’s really not an unreasonable request.
    Saul: Carrie?
    Carrie: Saul, thank God! My green pen is dry. I asked four, five, six times for a new one, but there’s no understanding. They offered me blue, they offered me black. I mean, is green so hard? Is green elusive? I mean, my kingdom for a fucking green pen!

& Carrie: Facts... facts are facts, and we have about a week, maybe less, to figure out the real target, not this single shot to the president, spy-novel-101 bullshit!

& Carrie: We have to code it, collide it, collapse it, contain it.
    Saul: Lie down, Carrie. The doctor’s coming.
    Carrie: Okay, the important thing now is the green pen.

& Carrie: We gotta haul ass to Langley. They have to understand, Saul. Nazir’s movements in green after a fallow yellow always creeping towards purple are methodical, meaningful momentous and monstrous.

& Maggie: She’s manic?
    Saul: I don’t know, you tell me.

& Walden: You want your portrait up on the walls at Langley someday?.. Focus on that. Find Walker.
    David: Yes, sir.
    Walden: And fire someone. I don’t care who.


& Brody: General Lee had brought the war to the North. The South was winning. The Northern forces were outnumbered, and they were on the run. Then they dug in there. All along that ridge.
        General Meade, the Northern general, he drew a line out there and he gave instructions to his troops to defend it at all costs. And that means with your life.
    Chris: What happened?
    Brody: They prayed. Both sides did. These were extremely religious people.
    Chris: I meant what happened with the fighting?
    Brody: Well, imagine... You’re bone tired, you’re cut off from water. The most crucial part of the line that must be held it’s right up there. You see up there, that little hill? It’s Little Round Top. There are just 300 of you. You’re commanded by a school teacher from Maine.
        When suddenly, 2,000 enemy soldiers come charging out of those trees, screaming at the top of their lungs, determined to cut you down.
    Chris: Did they?
    Brody: They charged twice. And then a third time. And that’s when this teacher from Maine— Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain was his name... asked his men to do a very strange thing.
    Chris: What?
    Brody: He told them to stop shooting. No guns, just bayonets. And instead of shooting they charged down the side of that hill toward the enemy. And it was so unexpected, it was so crazy, that the line was held that day. All because of a school teacher from Maine, who was willing to do what was necessary for a cause that he believed in.


& Carrie: Look at this. Isn’t this amazing? Somewhere down there, there’s a sliver of green just-just taking its time. This is— this is how everything works. You wait, you lay low, and then... Then you come to life.

& Tailor: The switch is here. Under this cover. Wait until the last second before you open it... Some people get nervous. You don’t want your hand on the switch until the end.

& Carrie: There’s no time, Saul. It’s high purple.

& Brody: Did you like Gettysburg?
    Chris: Yeah, it was cool.
    Brody: I wanted you to understand. That the Civil War, all wars, they turn everything upside down. Everything and everyone. I hope that you’ll remember Joshua Chamberlain when you get older. And be brave, and daring, and ready to fight for what you believe in.
    Chris: Dad...
    Brody: What?
    Chris: Do you mind if we talk about this some other time? It’s kind of melting.

& Carrie: I’ve had this since college. I wrote a 45-page manifesto declaring I’d reinvented music.

& Carrie: David?
    David: Sergeant Brody called me.
    Carrie: What?
    David: He told me everything.
    Carrie: I-I don’t know what you mean.
    David: I think you do.

--
On the Imdb.

__ Claire Danes. We’ve a great actress here. With all those ’greens’, and yellow, and purple... She’s really something.
+ Such an impressive history lesson.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий