29 мар. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x1-2

A Little Kiss

& Afro-American Woman: And they call us savages...

& Megan: What are we doing today?
    Don: We’re going to the Statue of Liberty.
    Bobby: You always say that, but we never do.

& Bobby: How old are you gonna be?
    Don: 40. So when you’re 40, how old will I be?
    Bobby: You’ll be dead.

& Howard: Maybe she’s right. Maybe I am a little selfish. I said I needed time with my thoughts. She asked me what I do at work all day.
    Pete: They don’t understand.

& Megan: I’m throwing a party for him on Saturday. It’s a surprise.
    Peggy: Oh, okay. For Don?
    Megan: Yes.
    Peggy: Men hate surprises.

& Megan: Look, nobody likes it in theory, but people are always glad. And you’ve never seen me throw a party. Everyone’s gonna home from this and they’re gonna have sex.
    Peggy: Okay. Sounds like fun for us at least. I mean... if I’m invited. I don’t want to assume.

& Megan: You’re invited. I’m not sure who else is. I went through his rolodex. I crossed out all the clients and everyone he’s fired.
    Peggy: That doesn’t leave a lot of people.

& Pete: I’m not supposed to worry about Roger. I’m supposed to worry about other agencies.
    Ken: You shouldn’t be worried at all. Business is stable.
    Pete: Stable is that step backwards between successful and failing.


& Harry: Oh, my God, really? Oh, a negro homosexual, a Canadian sexpot and unaccompanied redhead. I think this may be my key demographic.

Zu Bisou Bisou by Gillian Hills

& Roger: ... And to Don, you lucky so and so. As a wise man once said, the only thing worse than not getting what you want is someone else getting it.

& Harry: Why do you carry so much cash?
    Roger: It's more than 1,000, Harry. That is a month's salary after taxes.

& Meredith: Do you want me to announce you?
    Joan: No, I’ll let myself in.
    Meredith: Are you sure? No one mentioned a new girl.

& Meredith: Oh, my God. My mouth. ... Please don’t be mad at me for telling you that. I’m very happy being nobody here.
    Joan: I know a girl who had your job who ended up with everything.

& Roger: Well, well, well. There’s my baby. Now move that brat out of the way so I can see her.

& Roger: Let me see that. Has anyone even seen this baby with you walking next to him?

& Peggy: She looks very good.
    Megan: She does. She looked good at nine months.
    Peggy: I don’t know about that.
    Megan: I’m surprised you didn’t tell her.
    Peggy: Tell her what?
    Megan: That she looked terrible. You seem to say whatever’s on your mind.

& Megan: What is wrong with you people? You’re all so cynical. You don’t smile. You smirk*.
    Peggy: Is he mad at me?
    Megan: I don’t care. Who wouldn’t want a surprise party?

& Joan: It’s too embarrassing.
    Pryce: Nothing’s happened.
    Joan: Something always happens.

& Megan: You don’t like presents. You don’t like nice things. Besides, you’re too old.

& Stan: Where’s Harry?
    Pete: Who cares?

& Pete: Is Roger Sterling still here?
    Carol: Yes.
    Pete: I want you to let him do whatever he wants. And I want you to pencil in an appointment tomorrow at the coffee shop in the ferry building in Staten Island. 6:00 A.M. With Coca-Cola.

& Don: The reason I didn’t want you to have that party is I didn’t want them in our home. You’ve only been in the creative end of this business for three months.

& Roger: Is it just me, or is the lobby full of negroes?

& Pryce: First of all, we’re only looking for secretaries. So, gentlemen, you are free to leave. I mean, you are welcome to leave. I mean, you may go.

Dusty Springfield You Don't Have To Say You Love

♪ don’t you see ♪
♪ that now you’ve gone ♪
♪ and I’m left here on my own ♪
♪ that I have to follow you ♪
♪ and beg you to come home? ♪

--
smirk — ухмылка; деланная улыбка

On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий