27 мар. 2012 г.

Puncture

Bright Eyes - Road to Joy

♪ The sun came up with no conclusions ♪
♪ Flowers seeping in their beds ♪
♪ The city cemetery’s humming ♪
♪ I’m wide awake. It’s morning ♪
♪ I have my drugs, I have my woman ♪
♪ They keep away my loneliness ♪
♪ My parents, they have their religion ♪
♪ But sleep in separate houses ♪

& & Mike Weiss: On the phone you said you were aware of the high number of accidental needle sticks.
    Nurse: How about 800,000 a year?

& Mike: Will you at least look at this data?
    Hospital Administrator: No.
    Mike: Would you mind telling me why?
    Administrator: I don’t want you to show me your data, and I don’t want you to show this product to my nurses because they’ll want it, and they can’t have it.

& Paul Danziger: You know what the biggest reason is that people get into car accidents?
    Mike: Eating while driving?
    Paul: Mm. No, that’s only 49%. Talking to the other passenger... 81%.


& Nathaniel Price: Son, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

& Mike: You said you had something for me.
    Vicky: You know, it’s true what they say about the stages you go through. Denial, anger, acceptance, blah, blah, blah. But it doesn’t happen quite as cleanly as the pamphlets tell you. In reality, it’s a stew*. Everything happens all at the same time. Just because you can’t really get over the dark parts, it doesn’t mean you can’t get to the good ones.

& Vicky: Sometimes the brightest light comes from the darkest places.

& Mike: At least I have the courage to lose for what’s right!

& — Mr. Weiss, I used to work for Thompson Needle Manufacturers. {...} You see, up until the 1960s Needle syringes were made of glass which hospitals sterilized with heat. Thompson Needle Manufacturers refused to switch to plastic needles despite the money they’d make because plastic needles can’t be sterilized. The founder of the company, James Thompson, he was quoted to saying, “We’ll switch to plastic needles over my dead body.” Sure enough. In 1966, the year he died, Thompson Manufacturers switched to plastic needles. Within ten years, hepatitis C and AIDS were on the map. They knew that they’d be responsible for spreading epidemics around the world.

& Nathaniel: I bet you spent your whole life believing that you, you were born to do something great, make a difference, do something special. Important. But Michael, it’s the most ordinary thought anybody ever had.

--
stew — тушенка; беспокойство; рыбий садок

+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий