19 мар. 2012 г.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

& Armansky: She’s... different.
    Frode: In what way?
    Armansky: In every way.

& Henrik Vanger: You’d be investigating thieves, misers, bullies... the most detestable collection of people you’ll ever meet... my family.

& Henrik: ... He was 19 when Harriet disappeared. He lives over there.
    Mikael Blomkvist: And you live there?
    Henrik: Sorry?
    Mikael: Your house.
    Henrik: Oh, yes! Yes, you’re right. The man who hires the detective should always bekept on the suspects list.

& Lisbeth Salander: Do you doubt anything I’ve said? ... Do you doubt in the reports that’ve followed me all my life? ... What do they say? If you had to sum it up?.. They say I’m insane. No, it okay. You can nod because it’s true. I am insane. Nod!

& Lisbeth: I know it’ll be hard for you to abide by my rules. The abstinence part, most of all. So, I’m going to make it easier for you. Lie still. I’ve never done this before. And... there will be some blood.

& Lisbeth: Who do you think you are?
    Mikael: I’m the guy you know better than my closest friends do.


& Mikael: What are you doing here?
    Lisbeth: Reading your notes.
    Mikael: They’re encrypted!
    Lisbeth: Please. Have some coffee.

& Mikael: I have some standards, believe it or not.
    Lisbeth: You need to stop talking.

& Harald Vanger: I’m not a recluse*. I don’t close my door to anyone. They just don’t visit.
    Mikael: Perhaps if you redecorated...

& Harald: Hide the past like they do. Under a thin, shiny veneer*. Like an Ikea table... I’m the most honest of all of them.
    Mikael: The family?
    Harald: Sweden.

& Martin Vanger: You know what’s harder than shooting someone? Just missing them. That was a very good shot up at the cabin.
    Mikael: It didn’t work. I’m here.
    Martin: Mikael, it did work. You’re here.

& Martin: This takes discipline. It’s a science of a thousand details. The planning. The execution. The cleanup. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you you’re going to make quite a mess.

& Martin: Let me ask you something. Why don’t people trust their instincts? They sense something’s wrong — someone’s walking too close behind them... You knew something was wrong... but you came back into the house. Did I force you? Did I drag you in? No. All I had to do was... offer you a drink.

& Martin: You’d never think the fear of offending can be stronger than the fear of pain... but you know what? It is.

& Martin: We are not that different, you and I. We both have urges. Satisfying mine, requires more towels.

& Mikael: I was just thinking. What if...
    Lisbeth: Just one second!

& Lisbeth: 50,000. I have a chance to make an investment. It’s a smart, safe investment.
    Mikael: I really don’t think I’ve got 50,000.
    Lisbeth: Yes, you do. You have 65 thousand in your two accounts. I’m sorry that I know that. You’ll get the money back. I promise.
    Mikael: ... Okay.

--
recluse — отшельник
veneer — шпон

+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Did not like it. It's just pieces of the puzzle that do not add up to the big picture. Need to know a material to understand what's going on here.
BTW: MÄN SOM HATAR KVINNOR & Девушка с татуировкой дракона.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий