8 мар. 2012 г.

Rome 2x10

De Patre Vostro
(About Your Father)

& Mark Antony: All my life... I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come, it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines. Water still tastes good. Glory is all well and good, but... life is enough, ne?

& Cleopatra: He asks me to bring eternal dishonor on my name.
    — And in return... your empire, your people, Majesty’s life.
    Cleopatra: My life for my honor.
    — Good enough. Better than death.
    Cleopatra: That is a slave’s answer.

& Mark Antony: Anything to be rid of this fucking hangover.

& Cleopatra: Is he a good man?
    Lucius: Define good.

& Cleopatra: Which leaves one looking best? I want no bloating or discoloration.
    The Old Witch: The snake, but...
    Cleopatra: Is it quick?
    The Old Witch: 40 breaths.
    Cleopatra: The snake, then.


& Caesarion: Who is this man?
    Pullo: Name’s Titus Pullo.
    Caesarion: I do not like your manner!
    Pullo: Handsome, isn’t he?

& Atia: My congratulations. You’re as good as king now.
    Octavian: Not king... Merely first citizen.

& Newsreader: Today we celebrate the glory of our beloved imperator Gaius Octavian Caesar! And the glorious rebirth of our republic!

& Livia Drusilla: Excuse me...
    Atia: Yes?
    Livia: Oh, I don’t mind really, but it is I who should go first. You will find if you consult the priests, the wife takes precedence.
    Atia: I don’t give a fuck what the priests say. I’m not letting a vicious little trollop like you walk ahead of me!.. I go first.

& Atia: I know who you are. I can see you. You’re swearing now that someday you’ll destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Go and look for them now.

& Caesarion: So?
    Pullo: He bought it.
    Caesarion: Brother Osiris, let me live to spit in his face and remind him of this day.
    Pullo: Didn’t I tell you there’d be no more of that blather?
    Caesarion: Blather? It is my sacred duty! By my blood, I’ll not rest until I have avenged my mother and redeemed my father’s name.
    Pullo: Listen, about your father...

--
+ on Imdb.

The End

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий