18 мар. 2011 г.

In the Electric Mist

& Dave Robicheaux: My name’s Dave Robicheaux. I’m an alcoholic. Sometimes I’m tempted to have a drink. But I never do.


& Julie ’Baby Feet’ Balboni: Who the fuck is Cherry LeBlanc?
    Dave: You know who she is. You and Cholo were talking about her before I got to the Holiday Inn, and you lied to me about it.
    Balboni: Calling me a liar?
    Dave: You’re a motherfucking lying piece of dog shit. ...
Restaurant Patron: Gentlemen, could you please... I mean, just not use that language...
    Balboni: Get the fuck away from my table!


& General Hood: I’m General John Bell Hood, commander of the Texas brigade, commander of the 4th Texas Calvary, the 5th Texas Calvary, and the 17th Texas Infantry. Do you object to shaking hands?
    Dave: Am I dead?
    General Hood: You don’t look like it to me.
    Dave: You were at Gettysburg. The war’s over.
    General Hood: It’s never over. I would think you’d know that.


& Dave: How would you define the idea of understanding?
    Bootsie: Well, it’s knowing something and knowing what it means.
    Dave: I think there’s two ways of looking at the idea of understanding. One is, if you don’t look, you never will see. And the other is, if you look a little less, you might see a hell of a lot more.
    Bootsie: You might not be over those drugs they put in your drink.


& Dave: I opened up on that Buick too soon.
    General Hood: You thought your life was at risk, Lieutenant. {...} You shouldn’t have remorse. A desire to live doesn’t mean you lack humanity.


& Dave: [An act of kindness, one as simple as giving a girl my raincoat, had resulted in her death. ...]
    General Hood: I was burdened greatly by the deaths of those around me, Lieutenant. But incorporating their suffering into our own lives does not change the way of the world.


& Agent Rosie Gomez: I don’t know how you did it, but you planted that knife.
    Dave: Time is always on the bad guy’s side, Rosie. We wait for warrants while they deep-six the evidence.
    Rosie: I didn’t hear what you said.


& Rosie: I just shot a man armed with a rolled-up magazine.
    Dave: No, no. He had a gun on him. You just don’t remember it yet.


& Dave: the contest is never quite over, the field never quite ours.


+ on Imdb.

In the Electric Mist

__ На троечку.

+ Tommy Lee Jones as Dave Robicheaux.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий