9 мар. 2011 г.

30 Rock 3x2

Believe in the Stars

Season 3, Episode 2


& Liz: I am calling human resources and setting up a mediation for you.
    Jenna: I told you. I don’t drink that much at work.
    Tracy: Mediation is a binding form of non-judicial dispute resolution. I watched Boston Legal nine times before I realized it wasn't a new Star Trek .


& Jeffrey: Okay, I’m Jeffrey. I am a mediator. And you two are having a dispute. Now why is that?
    Jenna: Because Tracy thinks he can treat me unfairly because I’m a woman.
    Tracy: What? Please! We are here because white folks think they can do whatever they want to do to black folks. It’s like when Adrien Brody kissed Halle Berry at the Oscars. White people stole jazz, rock and roll, Will Smith, and heart disease. Now they think they can take my hard-earned money. {...}
    Jenna: Liz says in this day’s America, it’s harder to be a woman than a black man.
    Tracy: Liz Lemon? That chick is dumb.
    Jenna: Tracy, do you know women still get paid less than men for doing the same job?
    Tracy: Do you know it’s still illegal to be black in Arizona?
    Jeffrey: Do you have any idea how hard it is to be an overweight transgender in this country?


& Tracy: If it weren’t for you people, I’d still be in Africa. Gorgeous, politically stable Africa.
    Jenna: My people?! Women are the oppressed ones. And it’s even harder being a beautiful woman. Everyone assumes I don’t try in bed. It’s discrimination.
    Tracy: Whatever.


& Jack: Kenneth, I’m a good person.
    Ken: If you say so, sir.
    Jack: But sometimes life is complicated. There isn’t always a right answer. Say you’re in a life boat. The boat holds eight people, but you have nine on board. Either you will capsize and everyone will drown, or one person can be sacrificed to save the others. Now how do you decide who should die?
    Ken: Oh, I don’t believe in hypothetical situations, Mr. Donaghy. That’s like lying to your brain.


& Jack: Kenneth, I’m familiar with the ten commandments.
    Ken: Ten?!


& Toofer: ... And you realize blackface makeup reignites racial stereotypes African-Americans have worked for hundreds of years to overcome?
    Jenna: We’re trying to prove who has it hardest in America, women or black men.
    Jack: I’ll tell you who has it the hardest. White men. We make the unpopular, difficult decisions, the tough choices. We land on the Moon and Normandy Beach, and yet they resent us.
    Ken: Well, sir, I’m sorry to disagree, but I am also a white man.
    Jack: Uh, no, you are not. Socioeconomically speaking you are more like an inner-city Latina.


& Ken: Actually, I was thinking, we all try to be perfect, but the world maybe, well... Uh, what I’m trying to say... There’s a whole channel on the cable that just tells you what’s on the other channels.
    Jack: I know, Kenneth. It’s okay.
    Ken: I’m glad I’m not a white man, Mr. Donaghy. ... Is Spongebob Squarepants supposed to be terrifying?
    Jack: You’re darn right he is, Kenneth.
    Ken: I knew it!


& Jack: Good job, Lemon.
    Liz: Good job, Pam, really...
    Jack: Be a white man. Take credit.



+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий