17 мар. 2011 г.

Human Target 1x9

Corner Man

Season 1, Episode 9


& Chance: I got a client. Prize fighter. His name is Eddie Dunn. {...}
    Mr. Bevilacqua: Your client doesn’t sound too smart.
    Chance: I’ll be honest with you. He’s not the brightest bulb in the box.
    Eddie Dunn: Is he saying I’m dumb?
    Guerrero: Of course not.
    Eddie: I’m not dumb.
    Guerrero: Your headphones are on backwards.


& Mr. Bevilacqua: And may I ask who this fighter is?
    Chance: Me.


& Eddie: To make a name for yourself, you gotta beat someone big. To make a splash like you’re talking, I can’t imagine who you’d have to take down to do that. ... Holy... That’s Kendrick Taylor. The guy’s got, like, three MMA titles. Gold medal in Athens. Ah, wish I had my camera.


& Eddie: Kendrick Taylor’s a wrecking machine. You guys are picking a fight with him, and I’m an idiot?
    Winston: Watch this.


& Eddie: What’s all this?
    Winston: This is step two of four... Counterintelligence.
    Eddie: Yeah. ... I don’t know what that means.
    Guerrero: Spying, genius.


& Winston: The fight starts at 8:00, so that should give you plenty of time to rest up before then.
    Chance: Good. That’ll give us time to go over our cover story one more time. I was only half-listening on the plane.
    Winston: ............
    Chance: What? It’s better than not listening at all!


& Hugh Prentiss: There’s nothing more exciting than an unknown who makes a splash.
    Chance: That’s me. All about the splashing.

& Prentiss: And you’re his corner man, are you?
    Winston: Life coach I think is what they call it.


& Eddie: He’s got the yips*. If he goes back in that ring... He’s gonna get killed.
    Winston: Wait... wait a minute. The yips? What do you mean he’s got the yips?
    Eddie: You know, like when a ballplayer hits a slump. He’s in his head. All the parts that need to work aren’t working. Double vision. Reaction time gone to pot. Weird, ringing noise. Like, uh, nails on a chalkboard, but in your head.
    Winston: What’d you do about it?
    Eddie: Oh, I tried a bunch of things. Tried cutting out dairy. My buddy told me to wear two right shoes. I slept with my gloves on for a while... Like a year.
    Guerrero: All right. You’re an idiot.


& Eva: I told you earlier you would lose. Do you know how I knew that?.. I could see it in your eyes. You have that look like there’s nobody at the wheel.
    Chance: The yips.
    Eva: Call it what you want to call it, but they’re real. Some guys never fight again because of it.
    Chance: How do they happen?
    Eva: In my experience, it’s fear.
    Chance: I’m not afraid.
    Eva: You are, and until you find out of what or who, your problem’s not going away.


& Eva: I’m just saying you get the 1.8 back. Everyone gets to move on. Isn’t that a good thing?
    Prentiss: When someone makes a fool of you, you have to make an example of them. Otherwise, you just encourage that kind of behavior.


& Prentiss: Where is Eddie Dunn?
    Chance: Well, that depends. If you ask Descartes, he’d say that his mind and his body can exist in two places at the same time. If you ask Jung, he’d say that he’s in our unconscious realm. Keep asking whoppers like that, we’re gonna be here for a while.


& Eddie: Guess this is it, huh? It’s gonna be fine, right?


& Eva: There are consequences to one’s actions. Some people have to learn the hard way.


& Eddie: I can go home?
    Guerrero: Hug me, dude, and you’re a dead man.


& Winston: You want to know why I come with you on these things? It’s not because I’m nervous. It’s not because I want to second-guess you, and it’s definitely not because I’m some sort of... Closet thrill junkie. I come with you on these things because... You know.
    Guerrero: For god’s sakes, get a room already.


& Chance: Hey.
    Eva: I figured you’re heading to the airport. Mind if I hitch a ride?
    Chance: Where you headed?
    Eva: I’m open to suggestions.


-- Dict:
yips = the apparent loss of certain fine motor skills seemingly without explanation


+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий