15 мар. 2011 г.

House M.D. 7x16

Out of the Chute

Season 7, Episode 16



Black Lab-This Night
there are things
I have done
there’s a place
I have gone
there’s a beast
and I let it run
now it’s running my way
there are things
I regret
but you can’t forgive
you can’t forget
so take this night
wrap it around me
like a sheet
I know I’m not forgiven
but I hope
that I’ll be given
some peace


& Lane, future patient: One. Don’t tense up now. Go with him. Two. That’s it. Stay in rhythm. Three. What are you doing, Lane? You’re tipping in. Four. What’s your problem? Get your ass down. Get back in the middle. Five. You’re weak. You got all kinds of daylight under you. Six. Damn, Lane, you should be schooling this bull. Seven. Get up, set your hips before the kick comes down. Nice recovery. Now just wait till he turns back away from your hand.


& House: ... I’m back on Vicodin.
    Wilson: She told me you had taken a Vicodin.
    House: And then I took a lot more. And so on.
    Wilson: But you’re fine?
    House: Well, I’m not fine as in “fine,” but I’m fine as in “you don’t have to worry about me.”
    Wilson: Because you cleared out your bank account, checked into a hotel, and started back on Vicodin?
    House: Because I’m going to be fine as in “fine” very soon.


& House: My leg hurts.
    Wilson: You’ve been able to handle the pain.
    House: It’s gotten worse.
    Wilson: Not physically worse.
    House: Worse is worse. Pain doesn’t discriminate. Neither do the pills. The Vicodin and the five-star pampering that I’m gonna get over the next few days should be enough to get me through it.
    Wilson: So you don’t want to just avoid the issue. You want to avoid avoiding the issue. Sorry.
    House: Nothing is either as bad or as good as we think it is at the time.


& House: Two weeks from now, maybe a little more, maybe a little less, my life will be back to its usual level of crappiness. Till then, the only real issue is how much I’m gonna spend on hotel charges.


& House: Eat fast. We’re expecting company.


& Wilson: Maybe talk to someone?
    House: Already scheduled.
    Wilson: Really?
    House: I’m not an idiot. I know I need help.
    Wilson: Okay... That’s... great. ... I meant, like, a counselor.
    House: I know.
    Wilson: But you meant a hooker.
    House: Yeah. Baby steps.


& Martha: Wait. I understand the booze and the hookers, but why Vicodin?
    Chase: Wow, you really don’t have any friends in here, do you?


& House: ... And tell Cuddy that spying is for cowards.


& Martha: You really think House isn’t using Vicodin?
    Taub: Does it actually worry you?
    Martha: If he’s self-prescribing meds, that could affect his judgment.
    Taub: And does that worry you?
    Martha: Are you being sarcastic?
    Taub: If his rule-breaking is affecting his judgment, then you can step in and you can worry, but if he’s just coming up with ideas that we haven’t thought of but we should have, then our job is to shut up and do it.


& Chase: You, uh, gonna introduce us?
    House: Team, meet Duke.
    Hooker: Anke.
    House: Anke? How’d I get Duke?


& Martha: House, how many prostitutes have you had?
    House: As in eaten? Ever? This year?
    Martha: Slept with. Since you’ve been here.
    House: All but one. She did my taxes.


& Martha: You think sticking a needle directly into his brain would be less dangerous than sticking it in his spine?
    House: It’s probably a push. I’m just trying to get you out of here, because underneath this sheet, stuff is going on.


& House: That is a nice bow.
    Carnell: That was a nice door.
    House: Put it on my tab. Let’s say we take it up a notch.


& Taub: Wow.
    Martha: Shut up.
    Taub: It’s interesting.
    Martha: No, it’s not. It’s mundane* and simple. He’s obviously a very blessed specimen, so from an evolutionary point of view, he’d produce healthy offspring, so my prefrontal cortex is telling me I should have sex with him.
    Taub: Oh. Is that all?
    Martha: Yes. My rational brain knows he’s a hillbilly and an idiot.
    Taub: And yet somehow your rational brain is losing the argument, which is interesting.


& Cuddy: I can’t fix his problem. I am his problem.


& Martha: That was brilliant.
    House: ... Yeah.


& Wilson: It’s understandable.
    House: I hate when you do that. You respond to what you think I’m thinking, because you think that I think like you do. It’s insulting and annoying.
    Wilson: You’re scared because nothing excites you. Fun doesn’t excite you. Puzzles don’t excite you. What’s left? And I was saying you’re right. You’re upset. You’re depressed. Everything’s gonna taste a little worse right now, but it’ll pass.
    House: It’s understandable. You’re scared because you think I’m falling apart, and you’re trying to convince yourself that you’re overreacting.


& House: Thought you loved those eight seconds.
    Lane: I do. And now you’re telling me that I got to give them up. I can always find something else to love.


& House: Come on. I got a squash game at 2:00. Let’s give this cowboy a ride.


& House: Double scotch. Doubled.


& Bartender: Sorry about the noise. I guess, uh, their team won. Although I got to tell you, sometimes I wish I could still act like that, you know? Just let loose. Ah, I guess it’s a little easier, though, when you got no troubles. Parents still paying your bills. Got your whole life ahead of you.


My Body Is A Cage (Peter Gabriel)
my body is a cage
that keeps me from dancing
with the one I love
my mind holds the key
..................
I’m standing on a stage
of fear and self-doubt
it’s a hollow play
but they’ll clap anyway

my body is a cage
that keeps me from dancing
with the one I love
my mind holds the key
my mind holds the key
my mind holds the key

I’m living in an age
that calls darkness light
though my language is dead
still the shapes
fill my head

I’m living in an age
whose name I don’t know
though the fear
keeps me moving

still my heart
beats so slow
my body is a
is a
is a
is a


& House: What do you do when you win?
    - PARTY!
    House: What do you do when you lose?
    - PARTY HARDER!!

& House: Cannonball!

My body is a cage
that keeps me from dancing
with the one I love
my mind holds the key




--- Dict:
mundane — мирской; земной; светский


On Imdb

__ Wow. Brilliant episode. 11/10.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий