25 янв. 2020 г.

Saeculum

The Expanse 4×9


Holden: No hat?
Miller: It's not my hat. That hat belongs to the Investigator that the protomolecule keeps making out of my corpse over and over and over again.

Miller: The protomolecule's been using us both, pal. But being inside your head... watching you give a shit... you helped me, gave me something to build on, you know? You helped me outsmart the jailer.

Miller: This planet's already a corpse. Let's go kill its ghost.

Miller: You ever met anybody you didn't wanna save?

Holden: You're sure you can do that without killing us all?
Miller: No. But the other option is... well, you watch everyone starve to death while your ships burn and I get trapped here forever, looking for something I'll never find. So...

Amos: Just because someone is good to you, it doesn't mean that you can trust them.

Miller: One foot in front of the other until we make it or we die trying, hmm?

Holden: You want me to climb down there?
Miller: Climb. Jump. Whatever. Just get in the hole.

Amos: Wei, I'm coming for your boss. Don't be there when I do.

Holden: Is there anything I can do?
Miller: Yeah. Why don't we try killing 'em off for good, see how that works?

Miller: Now comes the hard part.
Holden: Which is?
Miller: Actually finding this bomb.
Holden: I thought you knew where this dead spot was.
Miller: I know where the corpse is buried. We might just have to do a little digging to find the bullet inside, you know?


Holden: If I slip off, how long will I fall?
Miller: Mm... Rest of your life.

Miller: I need to put myself into something physical...

Holden: How will I know when you've connected to the rest of the planet?
Miller: You'll know.
Holden: And that'll fix the ships?
Miller: Here's hoping.

Holden: This is really the end, isn't it?
Miller: It is for me. But hey, I'm hoping you make it out okay.

Holden: That's it? No explanation? No cop stories or tortured metaphors?
Miller: Hey, I got you this far, kid. Rest is up to you.

Holden: Water! Rain is just water. Doesn't really taste like anything.

Dr. Elvi Okoye: That field effect. I can see it. What is it?
Miller: With any luck, the off switch for the whole fucking planet.

Dr. Elvi Okoye: You are really Detective Miller from Ceres... sentient and independent?
Miller: Well, if I'm not, I'm acing my Turing test.

Murtry: Civilization has a lag time... like light delay. You come out here, and you think because you're civilized, civilization comes with you... We're all just walking in the footsteps of history, the ancient frontier. All those post offices and railroads and jails cost thousands of lives to build. And this is no different.

Murtry: I am the kind of man the frontier needs. You're the kind that comes after my work is done. You should've stayed at home... until I built a post office.

Holden: Wait!.....

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий