7 янв. 2020 г.

A Rainy Day in New York (2019)

Ashleigh Enright: How do you always know all that stuff?
Gatsby Welles: I read, I just don't read what they give us at school.

Ashleigh Enright: If I could speak frankly, Mr. Pollard... You've never had mass appeal. You're too original. And you've never once made one single commercial concession. You are a free creative spirit. Like Van Gogh, or Rothko, or Virginia Woolf... Of course, they all committed suicide—
Roland Pollard: It's a very sweet thing to say, actually.

Gatsby Welles: One thing about New York City — you are here or you are nowhere. You cannot achieve this level of anxiety, hostility and paranoia anywhere else. It's really exhilarating.

Gatsby Welles: I'm not an actor.
Chan Tyrell: I'm not an actress either. I'm just helping out a friend.
Gatsby Welles: And we kiss?
Chan Tyrell: Yeah, that's why I never wanted to be an actress. You have to fake passion with all kinds of weirdos.

Hunter: I can't stand the way she laughs.

Hunter: ...she has a fatal laugh. A cross between Dad's sister Betty and Lennie in "Of Mice and Men".
Gatsby Welles: I've never heard of a problem like that before.
Hunter: You are young, Gatsby. The world is full of tragic little dealbreakers.


Ashleigh Enright: Oh my God! You're Francisco Vega.
Francisco Vega: Is that good or bad?
Ashleigh Enright: If my roommate was here, she'd hemorrhage. She thinks you are the greatest thing to come along since the morning-after pill... Me too.

Chan Tyrell: There is something romantic about gamblers. And old songs. Meeting under the clock...
Gatsby Welles: Yeah, maybe in movies, but this is real life.
Chan Tyrell: Real life is fine for people who can't do any better.

Ashleigh Enright: It's so funny. My father would always say when drinking you should never mix grain and grape together. But I think they go really good.

Mother: Where is Ashleigh?
Gatsby Welles: I told you she dumped me. We became separated. This city has its own agenda.

Gatsby Welles: What?!
Mother: Lower your eyebrows.

Gatsby Welles: I'm going to stay in New York. I need a carbon monoxide to survive... We are two different creatures, right? You like the sound of crickets and I like the rattle of the taxies. You blosom in the sun and me... I come into my own under grey skies.

Gatsby Welles: You were loved spiritually, emotionally and physically by 3 gifted men, right?... You don't want to be with me. You deserve better than I am.

Ashleigh Enright: Could you hurry? I think it's starting to rain.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий