25 янв. 2020 г.

It's the Sixties, Man!

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 3×2


Midge: Really, if there's no loyalty, what's the point of a partnership? They say if you want loyalty, get a dog. But even the most loyal dog will stick its head in your neighbor's cooze 'cause it wants to get scratched. I mean, it doesn't mean the dog doesn't like you, it just means the dog isn't that fucking picky.

Madeline: Marx was the true purist. Lenin's the little boy who dumped his bowels on Karl's genius.
Abe: I've never heard it put quite that way, but I agree with the general sentiment.

Abe: They're starting a weekly paper. ... We were all just debating what to call it. And the final choices are The New Jive and It's the Sixties, Man! Two timeless names.

Zelda: This is the last of the butter cookies... Hey, you're communists, for Christ's sake! Share.

Zelda: I can make eggs for anyone who wants some.
Abe: It's all right, Zelda. I'm sure having a maid waiting on them like this, serving butter cookies, is such a violation of their proletariat values.
Ezra: No, Abe, it's good, it's fine.
Alan: Yeah, it helps us understand what we're fighting against.

Midge: This is too much for my brain.

Midge: And where is Mama? How is she sleeping through the revolution?

Joel: You wanted to give the boys a peek at what they're fighting for?
Midge: The wind blew up out of nowhere!
Joel: Lighting's good. Your underwear really glows... And the angle. Pretty sexy.

Judge Wagaman: What are you doing here? Are you contesting?
Joel: No, sir, I'm not contesting.
Judge Wagaman: Then why are you here?
Joel: Just moral support for my wife.
Judge Wagaman: While she divorces you.
Joel: That's right.
Judge Wagaman: For adultery.
Joel: That's right.
Judge Wagaman: That's very modern. It's almost French.

Rose: Come on, Grandmama. Women aren't welcome here.

Imogene: Oh, I want to hear more about the tour.
Midge: It's 18 cities.

Imogene: Write down everything you experience. Everything you see and hear and eat. No, wait, not eat.
Midge: You can't get fat from reading about food, Imogene.
Imogene: You aren't a scientist.

Imogene: But, no, I agree. You're Miriam Maisel, you should be enough.
Midge: Yeah. I should be enough.


Abe: Rose? Rose! Wonderful, you're back. I mean, I knew you were coming back, I looked in your closet, but sometimes you don't come back. So it's nice that you came back... It is you, isn't it? You don't look like yourself.

Rose: I have just come from a travel odyssey of biblical proportions. Hieronymus Bosch couldn't have conjured the world I've inhabited for the past 25 hours.

Rose: I gave up the money. I don't want it. It's blood money.
Abe: Well, Rose, we need that money. We can't live without that money. What's a little blood?
Rose: That money was a yoke. Now I am unyoked. Untethered. Free.

Rose: What's going on? Did you say "What's going on?" I'll tell you what's going on. You. You are what's going on with us. You.
Midge: Me?
Rose: Everything that's happening is all your fault. I was very happy being me. I didn't need to be equal or stand up for myself. I was fine. I have gone my entire life with other people making all my decisions, and I loved it! You, you put this in my head. You made me passionate and independent and broke!
Midge: You're welcome... Sorry, it was just sitting there.

Susie: I'm fine by myself. My mantra since I was three.

Reggie: Susie Myerson? Of Susie Myerson and Associates?

Reggie: So, are you gonna be something happy in my life or something unhappy?

Susie: Hey, isn't Lou Shy's manager?
Reggie: Lou? No. Lou's the white guy that record labels are willing to deal with. Lou's the white guy that Nabisco likes to talk to when they want Shy to front for 'em. Lou is the white guy that glad-hands mayors when they want my man to get a key to the city. Lou's...
Susie: White. I got it.
Reggie: Yeah. Lou's extraordinarily white.

Shy Baldwin: [He] Left me for six months to go out with that Southern boy, what's his name? The-the kid with the hips who stole our people's sound?
— Elvis!

Mei: Your name is Joel Mai-sel?
Joel: It's Maisel. Accent on the "Mai."
Mei: Hmm. That's my name.
Joel: Maisel?
Mei: Mei. My name is Mei.

Susie: You'll always be my number one.

Susie: We are the whitest people in the world.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий