22 янв. 2020 г.

Riding in Cars with Boys (2001)

Janet: I feel weird, Bev.
Beverly: Weird? Wait till he shoves his tongue in your mouth.

Mr. Leonard Donofrio: Speak up. If you don't ask for anything, it's what you get, nothing.

Jason: Parents and the damage they can do... Sometimes, it's endless. But she survived. You know what they say: "That which doesn't kill you, makes you want to die."

Jason: I'm having a bad day. What's one bad day, right?
Beverly: One day? Are you kidding? Let me quote myself... "One day can make your life. One day can ruin your life. All life is, is four or five big days that change everything."

Beverly: Fun? Fun? Fun is what you bring with you.

Beverly: I'm just a big chicken.
Tommy: No, Bev. Someone once said a coward and a hero have one thing in common: fear. You may be scared, but you're no coward.

Ray Hasek: Okay, look. Maybe... you're not supposed to end up with me. But I'll make you happy. I swear. If you married me, I would cherish you... for all the time, till death. Till I die. Till death. For the... I may not be the perfect guy in a lot of ways... but I'm the right guy because nobody will love you like me. Please marry me. Because I'm shit without you.
Beverly: How romantic. A marriage proposal that contains the word "shit."
Ray Hasek: Sorry.


Beverly: I woke up this morning, truly believing... that by this afternoon, my life would be different. Not only because it was my dream, but because I'd earned it! And now look at me. It's 4:00 in the afternoon, and I'm just another angry housewife, standing on her lawn and yelling at her husband in front of the neighbors! Yeah, that's me!

Fay: Sometimes we love people so much that we have to be numb to it. Because if we actually felt how much we love them, it would kill us. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just means your heart's too big.

Tommy: Come on. Tell me what you're thinking right now.
Beverly: ... I'm 22 years old. That's almost 30. I still haven't accepted that this is my life. I wish I could be dumb and then I wouldn't know better. And I could be happy and stop hoping. And I'm telling you this like you're interested in my boring life.

Ray Hasek: You're gonna hear a lot of bad things about me. Okay? But only two out of the three things are gonna be right. So when you hear something that's really, really bad... you try to think that's the one time they're wrong, okay?

Ray Hasek: She'll get over it. Women want to forgive. Even a total screw-up, they'll help. It's in their nature. You just gotta remember, you gotta tell them you need their help. Or else they won't do it.

Beverly: When does this job ever end?..
Jason: You call it a job?!
Beverly: Well, what do you think it is? A calling?

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий