11 авг. 2018 г.

Who Is America? #1.1

Billy Wayne Ruddock: All right, so, this is simple math. If you have one percent here, you have 99% [there]. And if you move the nine in there, you have 19. And then you move the other nine there. Well... If you believe in equality, why not have 100% of the people in the one percent?

Billy Wayne Ruddock: Well... This might lead to some increase in the deficit, but, essentially, it is possible.

Billy Wayne Ruddock: ...you keep the one percent, but you move the 99% into the one percent. Look, I... And so you have 199, you just move over the nines. You have... The 99% are in the one percent.

Dr. Nira Cain-N'Degeocello: And I'm a cisgender, white, heterosexual male, for which I apologize.

Dr. Nira Cain-N'Degeocello: I stopped in South Carolina to dine with a couple who suffer from white privilege...


Rick Sherman: I didn't do anything bad. Don't worry. You know, I got put inside for a long time 'cause I made one mistake, just 14 times.

Rick Sherman: So, in my art, there's a lot of white and yellow and red and, obviously, a lot of brown.
Christy: You were taking all the bad stuff, all the stuff you didn't need, everything built up inside your body that would otherwise cause you to become septic, you're releasing it, and then you're turning it into something beautiful.

Christy: Well, I think on some level, it's very simple in terms of it being a piece of cardboard, and just some marker, I guess, is what you used.
Rick Sherman: No, no, no. That's my own feces.
Christy: This is your own fec... Okay, I apologize. I didn't realize we were exactly... Okay. So, you've taken... Yeah, you've taken waste and turned it into a portrayal of life. Uh, they... they seem to definitely have different characters, even from this sort of minimalist rendering in terms of their facial expressions.

Rick Sherman: On the plus side, though, it did give me some red paint that I used for another piece.

Rick Sherman: ...maybe I'm mad with this dream of becoming a world-famous artist just by using my shit and cum. Am I?
Christy: I think we're all mad, and I think we're all normal, at the same time. You know, I mean, I hesitate to use the word, because I don't mean to burden you, but just by virtue of the medium, you know, it's indicative of a sort of genius.

Christy: Well, I guess this is the part where the art gets made. Who knew the world was capable of such oxymoronic, paradoxical juxtapositions?

Rick Sherman: That's... That's pretty spot-on. I feel like I'm looking in the mirror, but... Except for the medium. I've even got a glow in my eye.

Rick Sherman: If you could get a couple, you know... However many you're comfortable with. I feel embarrassed to even ask for one.
Christy: I offered. You didn't ask.

Colonel Erran Morad: Let's see if we can stop these anti-gun people
Larry Pratt: Yeah, they've got blood on their hands.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий