28 авг. 2018 г.

Presidio

The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco 1×1


Cleare: Damn, bloody Yanks!
Millie: They're not so bad, you know. They come bearing chocolate.

Cleare: Look at you all. Apple pie and Fourth of July. And, oh, yes, showing up late for war.

Millie: Help me, Jean. Susan and Alice are busy with their lives. Lucy has her new baby. But you and I...

Jean: ...And as my references and testing show, I come fully qualified to serve.
Mr West: In the war, you were clerical.
Jean: Enhanced clerical.
Mr West: I'm not sure I quite understand...
Jean: It means, sir, that I did more than I can say.

Millie: What's the plain text?
Jean: I never tried to crack it.
Millie: Frequency of use appears standard. It looks like a substitution so far. Vigenere?
Jean: Perhaps. Or Beaufort.
Millie: Tabula recta, zero to 26, additional modulo 27.
Jean: Well, I have copies of most of the tables here. We could try each one.
Millie: What's the keyword, though?
Jean: My guess... it's the first word on the Teletype.
Millie: ....... "Victory."

Jean: "In this court, men grow wiser every day." What does that mean?
Millie: Well, we'll ask him when we find him.

Iris: They get nasty, you get nice, you hear?

Jean: And I thought Edinburgh was hilly...

Archie: Major Sixth isn't a key.
Jean: All right, then, what is it?
Archie: A chord, a mode of improvisation, and, yeah, one Bunk was famous for. A lot of people avoid it because it's a hard one to improvise on. One false note and the whole thing just melts into a syrupy mess, but in his hands, mm, it was magic.


Archie: You know, Bunk used to say our memories always come to us riding on a major-sixth chord.

Jean: Is this their excuse for a chip?
Millie: They call it a fry, apparently.
Jean: I call it an abuse of vegetables.

Millie: Not the safest thing walking through the neighbourhood of a known killer.
Jean: Well, you don't have to outrun him, you only have to outrun me.

Marcus: Clever title, Ayli. Shakespeare.
Jean: As You Like It. Oh, very clever.

Iris: Men grow wiser every day, or so I once thought.
Jean: Shakespeare.

Iris: And what is it you actually do?
Jean: Same thing we did in the war. Crack codes, tease out information, recognise patterns.
Iris: What criminal leaves patterns?
Millie: They all do. They just don't know it. Life is patterns.

Hailey: You think we're here to squeeze you?
Iris: We are here to squeeze you.

Hailey: We stopped the war, we can stop the killer.

Olivia: For the police to ever hire me, I had to be twice as smart, twice as swift and twice as sweet.
Iris: Because to them, you were twice as suspicious.

Hailey: If I say San Francisco and the number 11, what do you think?
Iris: Well, that's the number of city districts.

Millie: And from this... tonight's murder takes place... here.

Ω 

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий