3 авг. 2018 г.

Molly's Game (2017)

Molly Bloom: A survey was taken a few years ago that asked 300 professionals one question, "What's the worst thing that can happen in sports?" ...... But one person answered that the worst thing that can happen in sports is 4th place at the Olympics.

Molly Bloom: I'm only mentioning it because I wanted to say to whoever answered that the worst thing that could happen in sports was 4th place at the Olympics... Seriously? Fuck you.

FBI Agent: Read to me what it says at the top.
Molly Bloom: "United States of America vs. Molly Bloom." I bet heavy on the favorite.

Larry Bloom: Marriage.
Molly Bloom: It is a trap.
Larry Bloom: Society?
Molly Bloom: It is a joke.
Larry Bloom: People.
Molly Bloom: I... think there's good and bad. But I don't trust them. I don't trust people.

Larry Bloom: Who are the heroes or heroines in your life? Who, uh... who do you really respect?
Molly Bloom: I don't have any heroes. ... I don't. Because if I reach the goals I set out for myself then the person I become, that'll be my hero.

Molly Bloom: I Googled every word I heard that I didn't know. Flop. River. Fourth Street. Tilt. Cooler. Boat. Nuts. Playing the rush...

Molly Bloom: Do you know how many witches were burned at Salem?... None. They didn't burn witches. It's a myth. They hanged them. Or drowned them, or crushed them with heavy rocks.

Stella: You don't look the same as in your photos.
Molly Bloom: None of us do.

Larry Bloom: You gotta keep your eyes up, alright? Always gotta look ahead. If you look down that's where you're gonna go.

Molly Bloom: The second rule of his house is that academic excellence and athletic excellence weren't optional.

Larry Bloom: Don't play defense.

Molly Bloom: And the first rule was that he made all the rules.

Larry Bloom: You're tired?... What's another word for tired? Name a synonym for tired and we'll get in the car.
Molly Bloom: Weak.

Molly Bloom: People have asked me what my goal was at that point. What was my end game? Back then, I would have laughed at that question. I was raised to be a champion. My goal was to win.

Butterman: Are you taking a rake?
Molly Bloom: No.
Butterman: Then you're not breaking the law. But can I give you advice?... There's a saying in my business. Don't break the law when you're breaking the law.
Molly Bloom: What do you mean?
Butterman: No drugs. No prostitutes. No muscle to collect debts.
Molly Bloom: Oh, I don't do anything like that.
Butterman: You just said I wasn't breaking the law. You wanna keep it that way because you don't wanna break the law when you're breaking the law.
Molly Bloom: Am I breaking the law?

Player X: I don't like playing poker.
Molly Bloom: Why do you play?
Player X: I like destroying lives.


Molly Bloom: I liked Harlan... He played tight. Didn't give a lot of action and always got his money in good. Which means he was running the odds. In other words, he was playing poker. And the others were gambling.

Molly Bloom: I'm not Irish.
Douglas Downey: You're not?
Molly Bloom: No.
Douglas Downey: Molly Bloom?

Douglas Downey: I always thought you were Irish. ... Isn't there a famous book...
Molly Bloom: Okay, Douglas, focus up. Yes, there's a book by James Joyce called "Ulysses" and there's a character named Molly Bloom and that is why you think I'm Irish but now it's time to move past that. Can you bring me some Brighton Beach players?
Douglas Downey: If you're not Irish, what are you?
Molly Bloom: I'm a Russian Jew.

Molly Bloom: For the record, the law in 1955 that I'm accused of breaking it, defines gambling as betting on games of chance. Poker isn't a game of chance. Roulette's a game of chance. Poker's a game of skill.

Charlie Jaffey: Can I ask you a question?.. You think I'm too hard on her?
Molly Bloom: I met a girl when I first moved to L.A., she was 22. Someone arranged through a third party to spend the weekend with her in London. You know what she got?
Charlie Jaffey: For a weekend? Five grand.
Molly Bloom: A bag. A Chanel bag she wanted. Whatever you're doing with Stella, double it.

Molly Bloom: Listen to me, Douglas. I'm the woman all of you have always dreamed of. I'm the anti-wife. I encourage your gambling. I have drinks served to you by models who simultaneously create the impression that you're the kind of guy who can score a dime piece anytime you want.

Molly Bloom: Do you know who Circe was? ... She was the Greek goddess of magic. And she gave men feasts with wine and honey and then turned them into swine.
Douglas Downey: Why?
Molly Bloom: Fantastic question.
Douglas Downey: I would never do that to you.
Molly Bloom: Missed the point by miles, but that's okay.

Molly Bloom: Sometimes God happens fast.

Larry Bloom: Alright, we're gonna do three years of therapy in three minutes.
Molly Bloom: How?
Larry Bloom: I'm gonna do what patients have been begging therapists to do for a hundred years. I'm just gonna give you the answers.

Larry Bloom: Your addiction was having power over powerful men.
Molly Bloom: Is that what you really think?
Larry Bloom: No. I know it for sure. You've now completed your first year of therapy.

Larry Bloom: There's your session. It's funny how much faster you can go when you're not charging by the hour.

Molly Bloom: Did you know that we know what the center of our galaxy smells like?.. It smells like rum and raspberries. The center of the galaxy is ethyl formate which is the same gas that gives rum its smell. And raspberries their taste.
Charlie Jaffey: Why do you know these things?
Molly Bloom: To stay busy during games, I surfed the internet...

Molly Bloom: I was named after my great grandmother... Molly Dubin Bloom... is my name.
Charlie Jaffey: ...nobody gives a shit about your good name.
Molly Bloom: I do!
Charlie Jaffey: Why?
Molly Bloom: Because.... Because it's all I have left. Because it's my name. And I'll never have another.
Charlie Jaffey: Now, you read "The Crucible!"

Molly Bloom: Winston Churchill defined success as "The ability to move from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."So, I guess I'm pot-committed.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий