4 авг. 2018 г.

War on Everyone (2016)

Bob Bolaño: I've always wondered if you hit a mime, does he make a sound?

Delores Bolaño: "All oppression creates a state of war." Simone de Beauvoir.
Bob Bolaño: No, it's Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, the father of anarchism. It's not Simone de Beauvoir, the feminist existentialist. I bet you 50 bucks.
Delores Bolaño: I'll take that bet.

Bob Bolaño: Look. Yo-yos were once, um, outlawed in Damascus. It was believed that they were causing a drought.

Lord James Mangan: You know, I hate champagne. Why do I drink it, then?... One of those unresolved mysteries of life.

Lord James Mangan: How's my crew? Or, how are my crew? Whichever is grammatically correct.

Bob Bolaño: You know, the, uh, guy that discovered Uranus wanted to call it George. This is the planet George.

Jackie Hollis: So why'd you become a cop? Your heart doesn't exactly seem to be in it.
Terry Monroe: I guess I always wanted to pervert the course of justice. Plus you can shoot people for no reason. Nobody can do a goddamn thing about it.

Bob Bolaño: Ma'am... Can we play a little game? Can we play a little game of Shut The Fuck Up?!

Bob Bolaño: Yeah, but did you know that Joseph Conrad and Vincent van Gogh both tried to kill themselves by shooting themselves in the heart? And both missed... No, it's true!

Terry Monroe: You see this ring? My mom gave me this ring... It's a nice ring. You know what it's for? It's for beating the shit out of scumbags like you.

Delores Bolaño: A million dollars?
Bob Bolaño: It's a nice, round number. That's my favorite round number.

Terry Monroe: Delores got you hooked on her feminist crap, huh? Hey, can you be a feminist and still wear hotpants?

Terry Monroe: Yeah, I'm gonna order a drink. I want a Bloody Mary. The bloodier the better.

Pádraic: Still, though, happy days.
Bob Bolaño: You're not really happy. It's just a chemical secretion in your brain.


Lord James Mangan: I am a legitimate businessman... and if you think you can play any of your dirty little tricks on me, I think you'll find yourselves sadly mistaken.
Bob Bolaño: No, I don't think you understand, you limey fucking dipshit. See, we don't live in your world. You live in ours.

Lord James Mangan: ... You've been delightful company.
Bob Bolaño: Terry, that was sarcasm.
Terry Monroe: The lowest form of wit, Bob.

Lt. Stenton: I'm gonna need your guns, too.
Bob Bolaño: You think I care?
Terry Monroe: I don't even like this gun.

Pádraic: Fucking Brits. You never know when to shut up.

Bob Bolaño: I've never killed anybody before.
Terry Monroe: Well, neither have I.
Bob Bolaño: You know what they say... Always be open to new experiences.

Bob Bolaño: So you never wonder who created this whole shebang?... It's like where does the universe begin and where does it end? And if you can't tell me that, you can't tell me God doesn't exist. But then again, Pythagoras believed that after you're dead, your soul goes into a fucking green bean. So what do I know?

Terry Monroe: Like I always say, Bob... if it ain't broke, break it.

Terry Monroe: I knew your last words would be shit.

Terry Monroe: So what's next, man?
Bob Bolaño: I'm gonna live slow, die old and leave an ugly-looking corpse.

Terry Monroe: Well, Bob, it's like the Buddha once said...
Bob Bolaño: You're quoting fucking Buddha now?
Terry Monroe: Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present moment.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий