15 мая 2018 г.

The Wrong Maria Gonzalez

Billions 3×2


Axelrod: I can't do it... not trade. I've worked my entire life putting myself in a position where I would be truly free... no limits, nothing I couldn't do. And with one signature, I've stripped myself of all of that.

Wendy: Realize that limits, constraints, they can be useful. ... To get good at letting go. Which is a different kind of freedom. A more powerful kind of freedom.

Bach: Welcome to old New York, where judicial assignment's still determined by the spin of a wheel.

Bach: You just got Funted.

Dake: That is tampering twice over.
Chuck: No. It's finesse.

Dake: Fate has dealt our hand. Now we play it.

Chuck: We got judge-fucked in the Axelrod case. And, uh, I don't mean "We, the people," I mean...

Chuck: [He] Seemed to grow larger as he talked, the way some men can when they're not pretending to dignity and honor but they're actually made of the stuff.

Wendy: It's about will, Chuck. Impose your will on him until he does what he needs to and repays the debt.
Chuck: ... Why, you are a marvel.

DeGiulio: And if I grant this request...
Chuck: There is nothing you can ask me that I'll refuse you for the rest of our days.
DeGiulio: If I agree, I would take those words as gospel, Chuck. And I would not be bashful to collect, should the need arise.
Chuck: I'd be honor bound to deliver.


Wags: I'll admit, Washington Crossing the Delaware would look pretty fucking strange without George Washington.
Axelrod: Then how can you ask me not to be with my troops right now?

Wendy: You know Washington didn't actually stand in the rowboat, right?
Axelrod: Of course. Structurally unsound, and he'd have made himself a target.

Lilly: But if you can leave Axe... You give me courage, Lara.
Lara: ... You're smart, Lilly. You had a career for a second. You know your shopper isn't your friend, personal trainer doesn't think you're actually making progress, and all the charities you give money to don't actually honor you when they honor you. But on some level, you believe every bit of it. You think the attention you receive is deserved. But when that fades, when every relationship in your life reveals itself to be a trade on your husband's net worth, you may say "Fuck false friends," but you'll be hiring a PR rep the first time your Halloween costume isn't mentioned in Page Six. So keep your own courage, Lilly. And while you're at it, consider keeping that husband. Because while he may not give you what you think you want, he lets you keep on being Mrs. Keith Currier Smith, and I'm pretty sure that's what you need... Now you're trying to decide whether to be pissed or grateful. Definitely grateful.

Axelrod: These are my needs. Either you meet them or you can't.

AG Jeffcoat: Ollie, you're a bit of a rara avis, aren't you?
Dake: You got no "hat," no one looking out for you, and yet you have risen. Maybe it's because you have an immaculate record. Some guys don't trust immaculate record. I do. I have an immaculate record.
Dake: Thank you, General.
AG Jeffcoat: That was from a movie. You don't watch movies, do you, Ollie?

AG Jeffcoat: Next time... instead of asking me to undo your fuck-up, maybe just see to it that the situation remains like our holy Mother of Mercy, blessedly un-fucked.

Wendy: If you make this move, where do you end up for the day? Unscathed?

Wendy: You'll probably do the right thing. And when the day comes you get one wrong, that'll be good, too.
Taylor: Because I'll realize I'm mortal and it's not so bad?
Wendy: Because it'll be fucking horrible and you'll do anything you can to avoid that feeling again.

Wendy: Only a fool doesn't look at the downside. But only a coward allows it to dissuade him from that which he knows he must do.

Bryan: Do you know about White Day in Japan?.. Over there on Valentine's Day, women buy presents for their salarymen bosses, and those presents are displayed for all to see, so the most important thing is the size. That's how others know that the recipient is valued. A month later, on White Day, the men give a return gift of two to three times the value. So if there's a salaryman you don't respect, you get him something small but expensive...

Bryan: Chuck just gave you diamond cufflinks, and when White Day comes, you're gonna have to give him something that costs a lot more.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий