27 мая 2018 г.

Flaw in the Death Star

Billions 3×5


Axelrod: Fingerprints live for years...
John: Decades.

Oscar: Smart person. Didn't seem like a fan of me or my work, but...
Axelrod: Well, we jerked them around a little. So they felt jerked around.

Taylor: VCs are just hedge fund managers who can quote the Tibetan Book Of The Dead.

Axelrod: Axe Cap goes wherever you do.

Dake: The trial is looming and you are not making progress. Failure is getting to be a familiar refrain with you. Don't let it become your anthem.

Wendy: Calm the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and get into my office! Both of you.

Wendy: Why is it so crazy to think that these two brilliant...
Wags: Because Dollar Bill and Spyros may be oil and water but your two other fellows are nitrate and glycerol. You combine those...
Wendy: Yeah. I know. Boom.

Wags: Some days, I don't understand how you're still ambulatory.

Chuck: We here at Rhoades Airlines know you have many travel options and are grateful that you have chosen to fly with us.
You will be rewarded.

Chuck: I've asked you here because I require cooperation...

Axelrod: ...stop looking to me for help. Help yourself.

Taylor: You don't own the tech you want to retool. That's your thermal exhaust port.
My...
Oscar: Flaw in the Death Star. The two-meter wide gap that runs directly into the reactor system.


Oscar: People are too harsh on the port. They think it's a plot problem. Like, "Why didn't they plug the hole?"
Taylor: I know! Unfairly derided. What material could withstand the heat expended from that mammoth sphere?
Oscar: Plus, it was fortified with gun turrets and...
Taylor: And a fleet of TIE fighters. Yes.
Oscar: Nobody gets on Homer for the whole Achilles' heel situation.
Taylor: She had to hold him by something.
Oscar: Have dinner with me.

Axelrod: That's a very credible story. But in my line of work, we aim to eliminate risk. It's called downside protection. Now, there's always a price for it. The question is: Am I going to pay it... or are you?

Spyros: I once policed violations, I now prevent them...
Axelrod: Wrong. One word: risk. Inside the government there is none. Every action, every moment is backed by the full power and credit... suspect as that may be... of the United States of America. Everything is all fucking covered by Big State. ... But for us... and for you too now... everything is on the line. We don't feel like coming into work one morning, we make a series of fucked up calls... the lights get shut and we are on the balls of our asses... But what do we get for taking all that risk?... Capital. Value. It's why you drive that gorgeous German engineered sports car.

Axelrod: You are us now. And a man who turns on his own family, he turns on himself. You're better than that, aren't you Spyros?
Spyros: You never told me I was family.
Axelrod: Favorite son.
Wags: Like a brother.

Chuck: We are gonna find a compromise...

Sacker: Fabricating evidence.
Allerd: Nah, evidence is real. We're just massaging the dates. For the right reason: justice.

Chuck: How can this sustain? You giving all of yourself to both of us?

Dollar Bill: Buck saved, buck earned.

Axelrod: Has to be done.

Bryan: I just wonder: Wouldn't you like to fuck Chuck up?

Axelrod: Well, I finally got my read: I'm fucked.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий