4 мая 2018 г.

All the Money in the World

Playboy Interviewer: It's been reported that you are the first man in history with a fortune in excess of a billion dollars.
J. Paul Getty: I have no idea. But if you can count your money, you're not a billionaire.

Gail Harris: I don't have any money.
Cinquanta: Get it from your father-in-law. He has all the money in the world.

Gail Harris: Please, please. It's very old. It's possibly priceless. Put it down.
J. Paul Getty: "Priceless"? I deplore that word... "Dirty and old" I have no problem with. In fact, I have an affection for them, as they are the words most frequently used to describe me. Along with "rich," of course. But "priceless," that's something else altogether, yeah. People say "priceless" when what they really mean is that something is invaluable.

J. Paul Getty: Everything has a price. The great struggle in life is coming to grips with what that price is.

J. Paul Getty: Pardon the laundry. I just see no point in paying $10 for room service to come up and launder my undershorts when I could do the same thing for just a few lira... And it's tax-deductible. Almost everything is if you know how to play it.

J. Paul Getty: Well, I was married three times. First one left me for my brother, second was a fashion model, and then the third, I just finalized. I always say, "You never really know anyone until you've been through a divorce."
Fletcher Chase: I wish you would've told me that three marriages ago. You know, they say money can't buy love, it turns out you just have to wait till the end for the check to come, right?


Fletcher Chase: I've had to bargain with a lot of people. Sheikhs, sultans. The one thing I've learned is that money is never just money. All right? It always stands for something. Usually it stands for the one thing they've never had. And until you know what that thing is, you're just beating your head against the bricks.

Gail Harris: You said you used to be a spy.... Spies carry guns.
Fletcher Chase: I never bothered. Ruins the line of your suit. And guns are for people who don't have money.

J. Paul Getty: When I wrote my book, How to Be Rich, the publishers wanted to change the title. They wanted to call it "How to Get Rich." Well, I told them, "Getting rich is easy." I mean, any fool can get rich. And any number of fools do.
Fletcher Chase: I've noticed that.
J. Paul Getty: When a man becomes wealthy, he has to deal with the problems of freedom. All the choices he could possibly want. An abyss opens up. Well, I've watched
that abyss. I've watched it ruin men, marriages. But most of all, it ruins the children...

J. Paul Getty: That's why I like things... Things, objects, artifacts, paintings, and... They are exactly what they appear to be. They never change. They never disappoint. There's a purity to beautiful things that I've never been able to find in another human being.

Fletcher Chase: Mr. Getty, with all due respect, nobody has ever been richer than you are at this moment.
J. Paul Getty: I have no money to spare.
Fletcher Chase: What would it take? I mean, what would it take for you to feel secure?
J. Paul Getty: More.

Fletcher Chase: What's it feel like, reading that slip of paper?
J. Paul Getty: Well, for a moment, money loses all meaning and becomes as plentiful as air. Like flight. And then it passes.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий