30 мая 2018 г.

All the Wilburys

Billions 3×8


Chuck: You were sleeping like a bear cub when I left.
Wendy: I was.
Chuck: Well, the sleep of the free...

Wendy: Now, prepare yourself. I have something... very special planned. And you have earned it. In every way.
Chuck: Mm. I have, indeed. I was very good at being bad.
Wendy: And you are about to pay for all of it.
Chuck: I hope that's a promise...

Rhoades, Sr.: Get comfortable... "Mistress."

Foley: This is, um... this is an object lesson. And as you know, people learn much better when heightened emotions accompany the instruction.

Wendy: The things we did...
Chuck: Had to do. Had to do. But yes, of course. Blood will have blood.

Wendy: Hear this: if you're moving forward, you gotta reverse the power dynamic.

Wendy: Foley's hurt a lot of people. Find one. Use one. Get back on top.

Spyros: O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done...

Axelrod: You know what The Beatles did when they got back to England after their first whirlwind tour of America?
Wags: I imagine they all went to their doctor and got a shot of penicillin in their dicks.
Axelrod: Yeah. Sure. But after that...
Taylor: They recorded their next album.
Axelrod: That they did. One every six months, in fact. So instead of basking in their victory, they consolidated it.
Wendy: They were young. And there was only upside in pressing their advantage.
Axelrod: There is always only upside in pressing your advantage. That's the whole point of having an advantage to press.

Axelrod: ...Especially you, Taylor. You've never been on a raise. This is the other half of the job. And the results that we've generated are the seeds.
Taylor: And the horseshit we will spew is the fertilizer.
Axelrod: Horseshit works.

Chuck: Nothing will stick to you.
Sweeney: On the square?
Chuck: From one traveling man to another.

Axelrod: Do you know whose life has always amazed me, Spyros?... George Harrison's.
Wags: Ah, that Beatle.
Axelrod: Yes. Because Harrison wasn't only a Beatle. He was also a Traveling Wilbury.

Axelrod: You're fired.
Spyros: You're firing me?!
Axelrod: I just did. It happened. I said the words.

Spyros: I'll prove it to you! I-I-I do have value. I-I am a Wilbury! I'm all the Wilburys put together!!


Axelrod: Instead of focusing on what fees you're paying, I suggest you focus on the money you're making. How you'll spend it. What your life will be like going forward. Because that's what I'm doing.

Chuck: There's no need to worry about any of that. About hard feelings or retribution. No, you did everything exactly the way I taught you. Investigated the case fully, followed where it led, and refused to be cowed by power. That's more than admirable. It's... heroic.

Chuck: Yeah, Bryan. You learned every lesson I had to teach. Except the one that matters most. You didn't win. Didn't finish me off.

Chuck: I'm still standing here in the best job there is because I can do what I want, when I want, how I want. Oh, I am bad, bad Leroy Brown. Baddest man in the whole damn town.

Chuck: You breached my threshold and threatened me, threatened my wife, the mother of my children. How could you think there's a universe where you would survive that?

Chuck: Drop your credentials at the guard's desk. And GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!....
- Here endeth the lesson.

Axelrod: I told you you'd get the billion. I didn't tell you when.

Wags: You can lead a horse to natural gas but you can't make it invest.

Axelrod: It's about the future of Axe Capital, making it what it's supposed to be.
Taylor: What's that?
Axelrod: Unassailable. Untouchable. Unbreakable. An institution that's TBTF-W... too big to fuck with.
Taylor: Do you know how you sound?
Axelrod: Yeah. Certain.

Spyros: It's like you have a seventh sense for the dark side.
Dollar Bill: Sixth sense?
Spyros: I try to avoid cliché.

Chuck: Yes, Jack. Looks like you just got your manhood caught in a tiger trap...

Chuck: ...now is the time to set new terms... Things will be different moving forward.

DeGiulio: I need you to stay U.S. Attorney...

DeGiulio: Each time I'm here, I'm more and more impressed with the warmth of your home and the life you've built. It speaks to your character.

Wendy: What about passion? Excitement. What about fire?

Wendy: Politics is a different kind of fight. It's about consensus building and concession granting and hand wringing and ass kissing. But in your job now, you... are... a king.

Wendy: You don't want to be in politics, you want to be beyond politics.

Wendy: We're all scarred.
Axelrod: Yeah. I thought scar tissue was supposed to be stronger.
Wendy: That's actually medically untrue, it's just rougher.
Axelrod: Well, I liked it better the other way.

Axelrod: Okay. Let me give you some advice for a change. Maybe I'll take it too: you can sit here killing yourself if you want, but when you do something to put yourself back in charge, remind yourself that you are not less, but more powerful for what you've come through... that's when you'll feel better.

Axelrod: Is this a renewable source?
Spyros: As long as we don't 'open our proverbial overcoats' and 'flash our junk' at a particular three-lettered agency.
Dollar Bill: As long as we play it cool.

Rhoades, Sr.: Son, you tell the folks the good news.

Chuck: Dad...
Rhoades, Sr.: I now know the only way you could avoid stepping on your dick is if I'd made them cut it off in that birthing room.

Sweeney: ...We are the state of Eastman, Cooper, the Roosevelts, the state that still stands as a beacon of hope, of freedom, of equality for the entire world...

Wags: I'm out. You coming?
Axelrod: Not quite yet. You know when I get on the treadmill at the gym, I got to stay on until the guy next to me gets off. Go further, longer. It's just the way I'm wired.
Wags: You go to a gym with other people in it?

Wendy: The next time you want to ambush, threaten, humiliate, or otherwise fuck with me, you'd do well to remember who you're fucking with.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий