9 мая 2018 г.

Paean to the People

Homeland 7×12


Carrie: I agreed with Saul. If things go wrong, this is the plan.
Anson: What, to allow them to fucking catch you?
Carrie: No, to buy time for what really matters, which is not me, it's Simone.

Simone: Carrie Mathison. Your favorite. What's happening with her?
Saul: Don't worry about it.

President Warner: And you, Senator... you can get the fuck out of my White House.

Sen. Eames: Ms. Martin, what was your most recent operation?
Simone: I was part of a team sent here to disrupt the American political system.
Sen. Eames: How?
Simone: By any means necessary.

Carrie: People will know the statement was coerced. No one will believe it.
Gromov: They don't have to. As long as the seed of doubt is planted, that's all I need-- something to water and let grow.

Gromov: It will be months, Carrie... Maybe longer.

President Keane: Is it the same oath I swore a hundred days ago?
Chief Justice: Yes, ma'am.
President Keane: Then I'm pretty sure I got it down... I do solemnly swear that I shall faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.


VP Warner: In this town, it's never a bad time to try a new way of doing things. Otherwise, it's just Democrats and Republicans, Republicans and Democrats, whipsawing the country to death.

David: Sooner or later, someone's gonna have to stop this vicious cycle of partisan advantage and start exercising some restraint when in power.
President Keane: Does it have to be me?

Aleksandr: Dinner. Cauliflower and carrot stroganoff. It is not horrible.

President Keane: Trust me, David. I got this.

President Keane: Look around. We're in trouble. Our democracy is. And it is not Russia's fault. It is ours. We are the ones killing it. When we think of democracies dying, we think of revolutions, of military coup d'etats, of armed men in the street. But that's less and less how it happens anymore. Turkey, Poland, Hungary, Nicaragua, the Philippines... democracies now die when we're not looking, when we're not paying attention. And the end rarely comes in an instant, but arrives slowly, like twilight. And at first, our eyes don't notice...

President Keane: ...I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know I have become part of the problem. I open my mouth, and half of you hear only lies...

President Keane: No single leader can save a democracy, but without a leader you can trust, no democracy can be saved.

Saul: Not yet. Wanna see her first with my own eyes.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий