29 мая 2018 г.

The Third Ortolan

Billions 3×6


Wags: We wear them for two reasons. To keep the aromas from escaping, and to hide this shameful and depraved act from god.
Axelrod: Well, if there were a god, I think he'd know.

Taylor: They're delphiniums. The petals are clustered according to the Fibonacci Sequence... Also called the Golden Ratio.

Bryan: Confidence? Not even Evel Knievel could jump the gap between what I know and what I can prove.
Dake: Then I suggest you do what Mr. Knievel always did... Rev her high. Pray for mercy. Try to put her down on the ramp. And hope you are one of the elect.

Wendy: Measurable successes are seductive. Especially when we're young. But when it comes to dealing with other human beings, we have to steer from instinct.

Bach: We're almost home. Don't let your paranoia make you take unnecessary risks.
Axelrod: Not unnecessary if they keep me out of jail.

DeGiulio: No! Why the hell would you risk coming to my chambers just to turn heel and walk out? What weak cheese is that?
Bryan: You said "goodbye."
DeGiulio: I'm a judge. I give orders all day. You're a litigator. You find a way to disobey them without getting nailed for it.

DeGiulio: That sensation you're feeling, it's known as the Dip. Seth Godin coined it. Feels like the moment before defeat. It's actually the moment before success.

Spyros: We got some real Whitewater shit here.

Axelrod: If this were the four by 100 meter relay, you would be disqualified for sniffing glue on the team bus... This is the worst fucking idea anyone's brought me in over a year.

Axelrod: The only reason you're not flying is because these windows don't open.

Wendy: You have the best lawyers. Look where you're at.
Axelrod: I thought I had this locked down.
Wendy: Well, you didn't.
Axelrod: I know you did what you did with the same intention: to protect those you love.
Wendy: And I, too, failed.

Axelrod: What words do you need me to say to make you feel safe?

Wendy: How are we gonna make this okay?


Bach: In every battle there are casualties. You're talking about surrendering your kingdom to save a single loyal soldier.
Axelrod: She saved me. And she's not just a loyal soldier, she's the company's fucking spirit animal.

Axelrod: My people come unglued, she puts them back together, and better than they were before.
Bach: Your own personal Oscar Goldman.
Axelrod: If you will.

Bach: You'll get seven years. Minimum. And you'll do over 80 percent of it because it's Federal. Lara will be a pariah. Your sons will be scarred; it'll haunt them all their lives. Maybe more than it will yours.

Taylor: Twizzlers, Bit O' Honeys, Juicy Fruit... Standard coding provisions.

Chuck: We're gonna need lawyers. Separate ones. Keep even one of us out of prison.

Wags: I don't know about you, but I just had a religious experience. At the climax I felt the crack of its little rib cage, then the hot juices rushing out down my gullet. Sublime.

Wylie Dufresne: You know what they say about ortolan... one is bliss, two is gluttony.
Wags: How about three?

Axelrod: Jesus, what the fuck happened.
Wags: You fought the law. The law won.

Axelrod: Thanks for the friendship.

Axelrod: Had it ever come to pass... I think we would have been damn good at being governor.

Chuck: Dad...
Rhoades, Sr.: What the hell could you possibly want?

Wendy: What do you do when there's no play to be made? When no matter what you choose, it'll end in disaster?
Black Jack Foley: Classic double-bind... There's a Zen koan where the teacher holds a stick. He says to his student, "If you tell me this stick is real, I will beat you with it. If you tell me it is not real, I will beat you with it. If you say nothing, I will beat you with it." And so, the student reaches out, grabs the stick, and breaks it.

Black Jack Foley: If a situation is untenable, Mrs. Rhoades, you break that fucking stick.

Rhoades, Sr.: Don't tell the kids anything until the verdict is announced. And never let them see your shame. Bearing, son, is all.

Axelrod: Ballsy.

Wendy: I didn't bring us all together so I could mediate your puerile bullshit. This is how we ended up here in the first place. Because the two of you, at your absolute fucking worst, went after each other like a couple of pit bulls. And now we're all three of us royally fucked, in a way that's so incestuous that if one of us goes to prison, we all do. Conversely, if we want to get ourselves out of this clusterfuck...
Axelrod: It's one for all and all for one?

Wendy: Sit!

Axelrod: Full transparency. I give you my word.
Chuck: You want transparency?... How fucking clear is this?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий