25 мая 2018 г.

The Light Between Oceans

Tom Sherbourne: All due respect, Mr. Coughlan, it's not likely to be tougher than the Western Front.

Isabel Graysmark: My brothers used to tease me awfully when I played. I lost both of them. In the War. Just must be so confusing for my parents. I mean, if a wife loses a husband she becomes a widow, but if a parent loses a child there's no special label for it. You're still a mother or father. Even if you no longer have a child. Sometimes I wonder, if I'm still technically a sister now when my brothers are gone.

Tom Sherbourne: Sometimes it's good to leave the past in the past.
Isabel Graysmark: So if I can't talk about the past, am I allowed to talk about the future?
Tom Sherbourne: We can't rightly talk about the future if you think about it. We can only talk about what we imagine or wish for. It's not the same thing.

Tom Sherbourne: When it comes to the ocean, anything's possible.

Tom Sherbourne: I had this coming for a long time, Ralph. Sins catch up with you in the end.

Hannah Roennfeldt: How do you do it?
Frank Roennfeldt: You only have to forgive once. To resent you have to do it all day, every day. All the time. You have to keep remembering the bad things. It's too much work.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий