20 мая 2018 г.

A Generation Too Late

Billions 3×3


Axelrod: The prosecutors and the courts, they're like the mob, worse. They have methods of accounting that can taint most of it, all of it.

Axelrod: ...if I take into account everything that's run through the banking systems, everything that's on the radar, all that's left that I'm sure can't be touched is 300 mil, maybe 320.
Lara: Fuck, Bobby. I... I can't believe I'm saying this, but that just... it doesn't sound like it's enough.

Chuck: I don't duck. I return all my calls every day. Do people really do that, not return calls?
Wendy: Avoidance usually. Most people don't want to give bad news or admit they don't know the answer.
Chuck: What answer?
Wendy: To whatever the caller wants. Most people aren't the final authority, but they don't want to let on someone else is making the decisions.

Mafee: I got in this racket a generation too late, just like Tony Soprano.
Wright: Yep, this is how it ends.
Ben: Civilization?
Mafee: Uh-huh. Just like in Tommyknockers. First it makes things better for you. Then it destroys you. This is how computers take over the world.

Wags: Since 1602, when the Dutch East India Company first offered shares to the public, smart, highly trained mathematicians have tried, without success, to solve that market.

AG Jeffcoat: Might is a New Yorker's word. I don't want to hear it.
Chuck: It's a lawyer's word, sir. I'll need to examine the facts.
AG Jeffcoat: Don't condescend to me, Chuck. We went to the same kind of college, same damn law school, clerked in the same offices, read the same books on ethical justice by guys like Rawls and Dworkin. "The suppression of liberty is likely to always be irrational." I even bought in to that crap for a while. But a man has to grow into who he is, ...

Wags: ...you've studied the Flash Crash of 2010, and you know that "quant" is just another word for "wild fucking guess... with math."
Taylor: "Quant" is another word for "systemized, ordered thinking represented in an algorithmic approach to trading."
Wags: Just remember: Billy Beane never won a World Series.


Wags: At Axe Capital, we support people from all cultures, but when you talk to me, it better be in fucking English.

Ira: Even if you slither out of the criminal courts, I hammer you like the Goldmans did O.J.
Axelrod: Ira, if that felon found a way not to pay a penny, what do you think I'm gonna do?

Mafee: ...are we good?
Taylor: I don't know. Are we? Are you? Are you running all four downs, playing every play like it's your last? Is your mouth guard always in, chin strap always buckled? If that's you, we're good.

Axelrod: Your best friend sold you down the river for nothing. ... I'm willing to pay you 30 million to tell the truth.

Bryan: We are in the right and wrong game, and this is...
Dake: Today we're in the "take the win and move on" game.
Bryan: ... Is that what being a boss does to you? Like when Sonny Black gets upped in Brasco?

Wendy: Your son is the man you made him. Whatever greatness and whatever darkness is in him came from you.

Taylor: ...And you're correct. Billy Beane never won a World Series. But Theo Epstein did, using all the same strategies Billy came up with first, and we will, too. I accept I can't go outside to find what we need, so we're going to build our own... I'm going to oversee it.

AG Jeffcoat: We are most certainly prosecuting. I read different websites than you do, watch different shows. The more your New York Times is blaring about Lugo's mistreatment, the more Breitbart is inflamed about a dead prison guard. This case has national attention now, so attention must be paid. You savvy what I'm saying to you, Chuck?

Wendy: I have yet to meet the man you can't outmaneuver. Find your angle.

Axelrod: You have been brought back to life, as promised. But it's not free. You can refuse right now, right here, but then everything will go away. Are you in?.. Are you in?..... Good. Then all is as it should be in the world.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий