30 мая 2016 г.

Two in the Box

Silicon Valley 3×2


& Jared: Well, the occupant of a residence in California has almost unlimited rights. I have to get his permission to enter my property. I can’t turn off the power or the gas, and I have to hire a lawyer to start a legal eviction. That won’t be cheap...

& Erlich: Ah, two of my incubees off to eat the world. Be well, work hard, and know one another.

& Richard: Jack? Shouldn’t we hire engineers to build the platform before we get people to sell it?
    Barker: No. God, no! The system, Richard. Sales and engineering are the two pillars of the Conjoined Triangles of Success. Engineering and sales must work together to decide what to build. Who knows better what the customers need than the people who actually deal with the customers every single day?..

& Barker: I was there. And in March of 2000, do you know when a four-year plan ended?.. April of 2000.

& Barker: We can’t put all of our eggs in the pot-of-gold-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow basket.
    Richard: So, the... the pot of gold is in the basket?

& Richard: I will talk to my guys, but they’re not gonna be happy about it.
    Barker: No, of course not. They’re engineers.


& Erlich: I realize this is a Japanese tradition and that you are Chinese. I’m not racist...

& Dinesh: This is fucking amazing. I feel like I’m in «Minority Report.»
    Gilfoyle: And in reality, you’re just a minority.

& Dinesh: Where are you gonna stay?
    Jared: Well, I always have my trick...
    Gilfoyle: All right, I’ll bite. What’s your trick?
    Jared: I simply imagine that my skeleton is me, and my body is my house, and that way, I’m always home.

& Barker: Richard, I don’t think you understand what the product is. The product isn’t the platform, and the product isn’t your algorithm, either. And it’s not even the software. Do you know what Pied Piper’s product is, Richard?..
    Richard: Is... Is it me?
    Barker: Oh God! No! No. How could it possibly be you? You got fired! Pied Piper’s product is its stock.
    Richard: Its stock?!
    Barker: And whatever makes the value of that stock go up, that is what we are going to make. And maybe sometime in the future, we could change the world and perform miracles, and all of that stuff, and I hope we do. But, like I told you before, I’m not going to mortgage the present for that.

& Barker: And now, if you will excuse me. I paid $150,000 for the semen that’s about to come out of that stallion, and I would very much like to be there to see that it happens.

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий