8 мая 2016 г.

Magical Thinking

Billions 1×11


& Axelrod: What are you doing?
    Mafee: You fired me.
    Axelrod: You know never to listen to me about shit like that between 9:30 and 4:00. How could I fire you? I love you, Mafee.

& Axelrod: I already know the reason I made the mistake was mental error. Now I just need to find out why I wanted to make it.

& Wendy: If you’re successful enough, people think you can do anything, and then you start to believe it, too. ... It’s hard not to engage in a little magical thinking when everyone else is looking at you like you’re some combination of Warren Buffet and God above.

& Wendy: Look, you want me to fix the part of you that makes money. But it is attached to the rest, so... Like I said, this is gonna take a little while.

& Bryan: Are we really doing what we’re doing... for the reasons we say?
    Sacker: Well, you mean, does making these arrests, dealing fines, actually do anything to keep markets fair?
    Bryan: When you put it like that...


& Wendy: Unwavering belief in our own capabilities. It’s essential to a point. Keeps us functioning at a high level.
    Axelrod: Until it isn’t, right?
    Wendy: Maybe your self-image is creating... a blind spot.

& Ira: Everyone has a roof. Accept it.
    Chuck: A roof?
    Ira: Those two years I was in Russia, it was right after the wall came down. There was money and crazy women. The Wild West of capitalism. Anyway, in Russia, you had to pay someone to protect you, either the cops or the mob, and then they were your «roof.»

& Ira: Everyone needs a roof.
    Chuck: I may need one. It doesn’t mean I have to fucking like it.
    Ira: Yeah, but if you don’t have a roof, you can’t be surprised when it starts raining on you.
    Chuck: Well, it’s like the man sang, «it may be the devil or it may be the Lord, but you’re gonna have to serve somebody,» right?

& Axelrod: Well, people who have the capacity to feel nothing... they call them sociopaths. Is that what I am?

& Wendy: A normal person wouldn’t engage in the behavior. A sociopath wouldn’t give a shit. You’re somewhere in between.

& Axelrod: I cry sometimes... At sentimental things. Commercials... And I don’t tell you.
    Lara: Okay.

--
On the IMDb

+ soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий